5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The process by which a cloud droplet first forms is
- During the summer season, the subtropical high found in the North
- The definition of the word "monsoon" means
- The term pressure gradient refers to
- Identify the choice above that represents low pressure center in the Northern Hemisphere
- a Bermuda high.
- b graph b
- c seasonal wind shift.
- d condensation
- e change in pressure along a horizontal surface
5 Multiple choice questions
- high relative humidity and clear nighttime skies
- air being cooled as it rises.
- dry all year around
5 True/False questions
Which air mass code letter is paired with the wrong word? → t = temperate
When air moves from the ocean onto land: → converging winds and ascending air result over the land.
An air mass from the Gulf of Mexico that moves northward over the U.S. in winter would be labeled → 1013 mb
Why are high altitude clouds always so thin? → to the lee of mountains
Most of the United States is situated in which zone of prevailing winds? → westerlies