5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Compared to continental air masses with the same air temperature, maritime air masses
- The air mass type most likely to form thunderstorms is
- When geostrophic conditions exist in the atmosphere, the net force on the moving air is
- What is the average sea level pressure in the United States?
- Clouds and precipitation form in the air primarily due to
- a 1013 mb
- b have higher water vapor content.
- c zero
- d mT
- e air being cooled as it rises.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- spontaneous freezing of large water droplets.
- speed and direction.
- the saturation vapor pressure is lower near ice crystals than it is near supercooled droplets.
5 True/False Questions
All of the following are necessary ingredients for cloud formation EXCEPT: → warm surface air temperatures.
The type of fog produced when cold air moves over a warm, moist surface is called: → steam fog.
Two of the strongest El Niño events on record began in what years? → a warm current carrying water from the equator along the East Coast of the United States.
The important difference between liquid droplets and ice crystals in a supercooled cloud is that ice crystals → the saturation vapor pressure is lower near ice crystals than it is near supercooled droplets.
The region where the northeast trades meet the southeast trades is known as the → mT