5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- When are upper air winds fastest?
- The most common way for air to be cooled in order that a cloud may form is by
- The process by which a cloud droplet first forms is
- Which of the following statements is TRUE of lake-effect snowfall?
- The process of releasing silver iodide into the atmosphere to stimulate rainfall is called
- a the saturation vapor pressure is lower near ice crystals than it is near supercooled droplets.
- b condensation
- c in winter
- d Along the Great Lakes, lake-effect snowfall usually only occurs within 80 km of the leeward lake shores.
- e rising and expanding.
5 Multiple choice questions
- desert regions
5 True/False questions
Salt, dust particles, silver iodide, and combustion by-products are all examples of: → condensation nuclei.
This cloud sometimes produces mare's tails. → cirrus
Clouds are classified and named according to their altitude and → air being cooled as it rises.
Clouds and precipitation form in the air primarily due to → air being cooled as it rises.
The Bergeron process causes cloud droplets to grow because: → change in pressure along a horizontal surface