5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Hygroscopic nuclei:
- You would expect vertical airflow in an anticyclone to result in
- The important difference between liquid droplets and ice crystals in a supercooled cloud is that ice crystals
- All of the following are necessary ingredients for cloud formation EXCEPT:
- Which of these is a mid-level cloud?
- a convergence aloft.
- b warm surface air temperatures.
- c grow much more rapidly.
- d can allow cloud droplets to form even if the relative humidity is
- e altostratus
5 Multiple choice questions
- form or appearance.
- high cloud...stratus
- graph c
- friction is present only close to the ground
5 True/False questions
The ________ air mass provides much of the moisture for precipitation in the central and eastern United States. → converging winds and ascending air result over the land.
Large scale wind circulation systems that reverse with the seasons are called → isohyets
The process that brings cold, nutrient-rich water to the surface along the coasts of Peru and Ecuador is called → upwelling
The wave-like or meandering pattern of the upper level winds in middle latitudes is of major importance for → high relative humidity and clear nighttime skies
A radiation fog requires which of the following in order to form? → high relative humidity and clear nighttime skies