5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- The important difference between liquid droplets and ice crystals in a supercooled cloud is that ice crystals
- The ________ cloud is confined to the middle height range.
- Clouds are classified and named according to their altitude and
- When geostrophic conditions exist in the atmosphere, the net force on the moving air is
- The definition of the word "monsoon" means
- a grow much more rapidly.
- b form or appearance.
- c altostratus
- d zero
- e seasonal wind shift.
5 Multiple choice questions
- warm surface air temperatures.
- have higher water vapor content.
- spontaneous freezing of large water droplets.
- converging winds and ascending air result over the land.
5 True/False questions
Thunder and lightning are associated with the ________ cloud. → cumulonimbus
When warm moist air moves over a cold surface, ________ fog may result. → advection
The two most important properties that should be relatively homogeneous at the same altitude in an air mass are → nimbostratus
The subpolar low (polar front) is: → in winter
This cloud sometimes produces mare's tails. → lines connecting points of equal air pressure