5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Contrails formed by aircrafts most closely mimic which type of cloud?
- The region where the northeast trades meet the southeast trades is known as the
- The wind speed normally increases with height in the layer of air next to the ground. This illustrates the fact that
- The ________ cloud is confined to the middle height range.
- Which of the following statements is TRUE of lake-effect snowfall?
- a friction is present only close to the ground.
- b ITCZ
- c altostratus
- d cirrus
- e Along the Great Lakes, lake-effect snowfall usually only occurs within 80 km of the leeward lake shores.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- lines connecting points of equal air pressure
- Except near the equator, the flow is from west to east.
- low cloud...stratus
- are generally faster than surface winds
5 True/False Questions
During the summer season, the subtropical high found in the North → Bermuda high.
The typical amount of time it takes for an air mass to pass over a given area is on the order of a few → days.
Neglecting friction, the speed and direction of the horizontal wind are determined by → pressure gradient and Coriolis
Which type of cloud is most likely to form a halo around the Sun or the Moon? → cirrostratus
The air mass type most likely to form thunderstorms is → mT