5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The geostrophic wind concept is most like the real atmospheric winds
- During the summer season, the subtropical high found in the North
- The process by which a cloud droplet first forms is
- In the United States, lake-effect snows occur over which area?
- Of the following cloud types, which is most likely to produce the most rain?
- a the leeward shores of the Great Lakes
- b at high altitudes.
- c condensation
- d Bermuda high.
- e nimbostratus
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Along the Great Lakes, lake-effect snowfall usually only occurs within 80 km of the leeward lake shores.
- moisture content and temperature.
- Friction reduces the speed so Coriolis is weakened.
- friction is present only close to the ground.
5 True/False Questions
Freezing rain (ice storm) or sleet occurs when → upper air is warm and surface air is cold
In the northern hemisphere, cyclonic winds flow → change in pressure along a horizontal surface
The definition of the word "monsoon" means → speed and direction.
When are upper air winds fastest? → in winter
Clouds, dew and frost all form because air has become saturated. This condition of saturation is usually caused by → decrease.