5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Which of the following statements is TRUE of lake-effect snowfall?
- Which association is correct?
- Clouds, dew and frost all form because air has become saturated. This condition of saturation is usually caused by
- A cumulus cloud is recognized mainly by its
- The Gulf Stream is the name given to
- a obvious vertical dimension.
- b low cloud...stratus
- c the air being cooled.
- d a warm current carrying water from the equator along the East Coast of the United States.
- e Along the Great Lakes, lake-effect snowfall usually only occurs within 80 km of the leeward lake shores.
5 Multiple choice questions
- high cloud...stratus
- spontaneous freezing of large water droplets.
5 True/False questions
Upper air winds: → warm and dry
Which air mass code letter is paired with the wrong word? → t = temperate
A cT air mass is: → are generally faster than surface winds
A(n) ________ is a layer of dark gray clouds that produces precipitation → nimbostratus
The definition of the word "monsoon" means → seasonal wind shift.