5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Clouds are classified and named according to their altitude and
- The growth of a hailstone usually involves everything EXCEPT:
- High air pressure zones are usually associated with:
- Upper air winds:
- Of the following cloud types, which is most likely to produce the most rain?
- a relatively dry conditions.
- b spontaneous freezing of large water droplets.
- c nimbostratus
- d form or appearance.
- e are generally faster than surface winds
5 Multiple choice questions
- high relative humidity and clear nighttime skies
- pressure gradient and Coriolis
- high cloud...stratus
5 True/False questions
Lines connecting places having equal rainfall on a map are called: → isohyets
The Gulf Stream is the name given to → a warm current carrying water from the equator along the East Coast of the United States.
The primary force causing ocean currents is → the major winds.
Which of the following statements about airflow in the middle and upper troposphere is true? → Along the Great Lakes, lake-effect snowfall usually only occurs within 80 km of the leeward lake shores.
What option below best characterizes the rainfall distribution at a station located south of the Sahara desert at about 20 degrees N latitude? → 1013 mb