5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- All of the following are necessary ingredients for cloud formation EXCEPT:
- Which air mass code letter is paired with the wrong word?
- An air mass from the Gulf of Mexico is called:
- A(n) ________ is a layer of dark gray clouds that produces precipitation
- Contrails formed by aircrafts most closely mimic which type of cloud?
- a cirrus
- b mT
- c warm surface air temperatures.
- d nimbostratus
- e t = temperate
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- grow much more rapidly.
- Friction reduces the speed so Coriolis is weakened.
- can allow cloud droplets to form even if the relative humidity is
- winter dry season
- converging winds and ascending air result over the land.
5 True/False Questions
In the northern hemisphere, cyclonic winds flow → inward and counterclockwise.
The process of releasing silver iodide into the atmosphere to stimulate rainfall is called → the saturation vapor pressure is lower near ice crystals than it is near supercooled droplets.
Clouds, dew and frost all form because air has become saturated. This condition of saturation is usually caused by → the air being cooled.
Upper air winds: → are generally faster than surface winds
A cT air mass is: → warm and dry