5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Why do surface winds cross the isobars at an angle toward lower pressure (instead of blowing parallel to the isobars)?
- The process that brings cold, nutrient-rich water to the surface along the coasts of Peru and Ecuador is called
- High air pressure zones are usually associated with:
- Freezing rain (ice storm) or sleet occurs when
- The effect of friction on the wind alters its
- a relatively dry conditions.
- b upwelling
- c speed and direction.
- d upper air is warm and surface air is cold
- e Friction reduces the speed so Coriolis is weakened.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the air being cooled.
- graph c
5 True/False Questions
The Bergeron process causes cloud droplets to grow because: → seasonal wind shift.
Concerning rainfall patterns, areas of persistent high pressure tend to cause → desert regions.
Where are lenticular clouds most likely to form? → high cloud...stratus
Why do clouds represent a source of heat for the atmosphere? → Cloud formation releases latent heat to the air.
Large scale wind circulation systems that reverse with the seasons are called → monsoons