5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The Bergeron process causes cloud droplets to grow because:
- Salt, dust particles, silver iodide, and combustion by-products are all examples of:
- An air mass from the Gulf of Mexico that moves northward over the U.S. in winter would be labeled
- Which of the following statements about airflow in the middle and upper troposphere is true?
- Freezing rain (ice storm) or sleet occurs when
- a Except near the equator, the flow is from west to east.
- b upper air is warm and surface air is cold
- c condensation nuclei.
- d the saturation vapor pressure is lower near ice crystals than it is near supercooled droplets.
- e mTw
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- warm and dry
- winter dry season
- steam fog.
5 True/False Questions
The term pressure gradient refers to → low cloud...stratus
The wind speed normally increases with height in the layer of air next to the ground. This illustrates the fact that → t = temperate
All of the following are necessary ingredients for cloud formation EXCEPT: → warm surface air temperatures.
According to Hadley, the most important factor causing circulation patterns in the atmosphere was → equator-pole temperature contrast
The definition of the word "monsoon" means → seasonal wind shift.