5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- punctuated equilibrium
- continuous variation
- directional selection
- a where there are specific, extreme changes in evolution. Like a square like tree
- b ex: height in humans, birthweight
- c the shown trait
- d where a single phenotype is favored, causing the allele frequency to continuously shift in one direction
- e the genetic makeup of a trait
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- DNA is double stranded while RNA is single stranded, DNA has only a nucleus but RNA can have a nucleus or a cytoplasm, the main ingredient in DNA is Thymine while in RNA it's Uracil.
- where two somewhat related species eventually form a new species
- a steady state in which two or more alleles coexist in a population.
- a relationship between two populations in which there is no gene flow between them
- a FEATURE of an organism CREATED by the process of natural selection.
5 True/False Questions
bottleneck effect → occurs when a population endures a natural disaster and alleles are greatly reduced in diversity
what's a nucleotide composed of? → a phosphate-sugar base
disruptive selection → where a single phenotype is favored, causing the allele frequency to continuously shift in one direction
homologous traits → structural similarities derived from two species with independent ancestors. Eg. a bat's wing and a human's hands
allele → one of two or more alternative forms of a gene