5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Attribution Theory
- Implicit Racial Associations
- Hindsight Bias
- a Graduated and Reciprocated Initiatives in Tension: a strategy designed to decrease international tensions
- b the theory that we explain someone's behavior by crediting either the situation or a person's disposition.
- c associating words that sound black or white with good or bad respectively
- d blaming the victim serves to reassure people it can't happen to them.
- e unjustifiable negative behavior towrd a group of people
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a generalized belief about a group of people
- the enhancement of a group's prevailing inclinations through discussions within the group
- geographic nearness
- influnce resulting from one's willingness to accept others' opinions on reality.
- the tendency to recall faces of one's own radce more accurately than faces of other races.
5 True/False Questions
Personal Control → power of the situatino interacts with the power of the individual
Social Loafing → a situation in which the conflicting parties, by each rationally pursuing their self-interest, become caught in mutually destructive behavior.
Social Scripts → mental tapes for how to act provided by our culture
Superordinate Goals → shared goals that override differences among people and require their cooperation
Outgroup → "them" those percieved as different or apart from our group