5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Social Scripts
- Social Traps
- a a condition in which people recieve from a relationship in proportion to what they give to it.
- b Graduated and Reciprocated Initiatives in Tension: a strategy designed to decrease international tensions
- c adjusting our behavior or thinking toward some group standard
- d a situation in which the conflicting parties, by each rationally pursuing their self-interest, become caught in mutually destructive behavior.
- e mental tapes for how to act provided by our culture
5 Multiple choice questions
- the mode of thinking that occurs when the desire for harmony in a decision-making groups overrides a realistic oppraisal of alternatives.
- The principle that frustration creates anger, which can generate agression
- influnce resulting from one's willingness to accept others' opinions on reality.
- the theory that prejudice offers an outlet for anger by providing someone to blame
- the tendency for observers when analyzing another's behavior to underestimate the impact of the situation and overestimate the impact of personal disposition
5 True/False questions
Implicit Racial Associations → giving harsher criticisms when said to be a black person more so than white
Just-World Phenomenon → a fearsome extent threat and a superordinate desire to overcome it.
Self-Discolsure → an unjustifiable and usually negative attitude toward a group and it's members
Hindsight Bias → a tendency to favor one's own group. created by making an "us-them" distinction
Attitude → feelings, often influenced by our beliefs, that predispose our reactions to objects, people and events. Effects behavior