Wordly Wise Book 5 Lesson 3
|Anonymous||adj. Of an unknown source or unrevealed name.|
|Anthology||n. A collection of various, writings, such as songs, stories, or poems.|
|Conjecture|| n. A conclusion based on guesswork or insufficient evidence.|
v. To form an opinion while lacking sufficient evidence.
|Disposition|| n. 1. A person's usual mood; temperament.|
2. A regular tendency on inclination.
|Encompass|| v. 1. To enclose or encircle.|
2. To include.
|Extricate||v. To free from a difficult or tangled situation.|
|Generation|| n. 1. One step in the line of descent of a family.|
2. All the people born and living about the same time.
3. The average span of time between the birth of parent and their children.
|Guile||n. Cunning or deceit in dealing with others; trickery.|
|Imperative|| adj. 1. Urgent; pressing.|
2. Having the power or authority to command.
|Instil||v. To introduce gradually in order to establish securely.|
|Modify|| v. 1. To make less extreme or severe.|
2. To make changes in.
3. In grammar, to limit or restrict in meaning.
|Pivot|| n. 1. A small bar or rod on which something else turns.|
2. A person or thing on which others depend.
v. To turn on or as if on a pivot.
adj. Vitally important; significant
|Prevalent||adj. Commonly occurring; widely accepted or practiced.|
|Recur|| v. 1. To come up again or to happen again.|
2. To come to mind again.
n. The act of recurring.
|Spontaneous|| adj. 1. Voluntary and unplanned.|
2. Occurring or produced without human labor.
n. The quality or condition of occurring in an unplanned way.