5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A strongbox or small chest for holding valuables.
- b Additional items of dress or equipment, or other items carried or worn by a person or used for a particular activity.
- c A medieval singer or musician. One who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.
- d Seeming difficult to deal with.
- e Thrust or spread things out and apart.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A cause of great distress or annoyance.
- A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
- Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
- Loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
- A very wicked or cruel act, it usually involves violence or injury.
5 True/False questions
Mettle → A medieval singer or musician. One who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.
Hilt → The handle of a weapon or tool.
Keen → One's friends, acquaintances, and relations.
Bulwark → A defensive wall.
Ignominous → Twilight; dusk.