5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a A very wicked or cruel act, it usually involves violence or injury.
- b A person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
- c Thrust or spread things out and apart.
- d Steal goods from a place or person, typically using force and in a time or war or civil disorder.
- e A figured woven fabric with a pattern visible on both sides, typically used for table linen and upholstery.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A cause of great distress or annoyance.
- Twilight; dusk.
- A defensive wall.
- Great enjoyment.
- Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
5 True/False Questions
Minstrel → A medieval singer or musician. One who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.
Desolate → A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
Hone → A cause of great distress or annoyance.
Daunting → Seeming difficult to deal with.
Coffer → A strongbox or small chest for holding valuables.