5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A figured woven fabric with a pattern visible on both sides, typically used for table linen and upholstery.
- b One's friends, acquaintances, and relations.
- c Loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
- d Seeming difficult to deal with.
- e Sharpen with a whetstone.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Great enjoyment.
- A medieval singer or musician. One who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.
- Thrust or spread things out and apart.
- A person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
- A defensive wall.
5 True/False questions
Bane → A cause of great distress or annoyance.
Ignominous → Deserving or causing public disgrace or shame.
Coffer → Sharpen with a whetstone.
Gloaming → Seeming difficult to deal with.
Skulk → Thrust or spread things out and apart.