5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
- b The handle of a weapon or tool.
- c Seeming difficult to deal with.
- d A medieval singer or musician. One who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.
- e Thrust or spread things out and apart.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
- Twilight; dusk.
- Loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
- Having or showing eagerness or enthusiasm.
- A very wicked or cruel act, it usually involves violence or injury.
5 True/False questions
Damask → A figured woven fabric with a pattern visible on both sides, typically used for table linen and upholstery.
Mettle → Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
Ignominous → Deserving or causing public disgrace or shame.
Accountrement → Seeming difficult to deal with.
Coffer → Sharpen with a whetstone.