5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a Great enjoyment.
- b Additional items of dress or equipment, or other items carried or worn by a person or used for a particular activity.
- c Loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
- d Deserving or causing public disgrace or shame.
- e A very wicked or cruel act, it usually involves violence or injury.
5 Multiple choice questions
- A medieval singer or musician. One who sang or recited lyric or heroic poetry to a musical accompaniment for the nobility.
- A strongbox or small chest for holding valuables.
- A person's ability to cope well with difficulties or to face a demanding situation in a spirited and resilient way.
- A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
- Seeming difficult to deal with.
5 True/False questions
Bulwark → A defensive wall.
Bane → A cause of great distress or annoyance.
Splay → Thrust or spread things out and apart.
Damask → A figured woven fabric with a pattern visible on both sides, typically used for table linen and upholstery.
Skulk → Thrust or spread things out and apart.