5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a One's friends, acquaintances, and relations.
- b Sharpen with a whetstone.
- c Additional items of dress or equipment, or other items carried or worn by a person or used for a particular activity.
- d A figured woven fabric with a pattern visible on both sides, typically used for table linen and upholstery.
- e A very wicked or cruel act, it usually involves violence or injury.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Deserving or causing public disgrace or shame.
- Great enjoyment.
- A place where people have deserted and it is in a state of bleak and dismal emptiness.
- Keep out of sight, typically with a sinister or cowardly motive.
- A cause of great distress or annoyance.
5 True/False questions
Mettle → One's friends, acquaintances, and relations.
Bulwark → Loyal, reliable, and hardworking.
Splay → Thrust or spread things out and apart.
Gloaming → Seeming difficult to deal with.
Daunting → Seeming difficult to deal with.