5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- spring tide
- first quarter
- a a combined sun and moon force with the greatest difference between low and high tide
- b When it is summer in the Northern Hemisphere it is _______in the Southern Hemisphere.
- c the spinning motion of earth
- d the path of an object as it revolves around another object in space
- e when you can see half of the sunlit side of the moon
5 Multiple choice questions
- What two factors determine the strength of the force of gravity between two objects?
- an imaginary line that passes through Earth's center and the North and South poles
- what occurs when the moon passes directly between the earth and the sun?
- True or false: the same side of the moon always faces earth
- Each of the two days when the noon sun is farthest north of south of the equator
5 True/False questions
how much sunlight hits the moon → what is the alignment of the earth, sun, and moon during a lunar eclipse?
Gravity → The force that attracts two objects towards each other
1/4 → the moon's diameter is about how much of earth's?
Day → a 24 hour cycle of day and night is called _______?
neap tide → a tide with the least distance between high and low tides