5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- a blood vessel that carries blood from the capillaries toward the heart; "He prepared to draw blood from her left arm, but the __________ wasn't suitable, so he chose her right arm instead."
- a person whose weight is 30% or more above the level that would be appropriate for their body structure and height; "Because she was __________ , the doctor asked her to avoid certain foods."
- undesired problem resulting from some other event; "They encountered a __________ during the delivery of her baby, due to her diabetes."
- a lasting sign of damage, either physical or emotional; "The __________ on her wrist was indicative of the emotional effects she also experienced."."
- to insert into the body surgically; "She was considering having the veterinarian __________ a tracking chip in her dog's neck."
5 True/False questions
prognosis → persevere, keep at it, endure; "He will __________ in studying, because he is determined to get a high score."
wound → a medical treatment or a medicine that makes a sick person get better; "There has been only limited progress in the search for a __________ for diabetes."
procedure → specific way of performing or doing something; "Although they followed the usual __________ , the outcome was entirely different than they expected."
persist → related to something leading to the end or to death; "Her training in life-threatening diseases prepared her to work with __________ patients."
cure → a lasting sign of damage, either physical or emotional; "The __________ on her wrist was indicative of the emotional effects she also experienced."."