5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Daniel Shays
- "Big" Government.
- Wright Mills
- Republic instead of a democracy.
- John Locke
- a Delegates chose blank instead of blank.
- b came up with the theory of the 3 interlocking sectors.
- c Colonies decided to impose taxes to pay the war debt.
in Massachusetts, this man, organized a revolt that spread.
- d Natural rights theory- men are born with the rights to life, liberty and property.
- e this would defend the interests of elites and establish laws and order that would preserve the social, political, and economic order.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The men who own this country ought to govern it.
- Believed the masses lacked what?
- the elite house
- limited by written rules.
- 55 white, rich, well educated men.
5 True/False Questions
Joseph Priestly → Negative State theory- the only purpose of government is to protect against natural rights(life,liberty,property) Tie the hands of the government.
Me and you → who are the masses?
Hamilton, Madison, Jay → who said "while it is necessary to control the masses, government must also control itself"
Bill of Rights → came up with the theory of the 3 interlocking sectors.
Paulo Freire → Argues that education is a political process... and it can be used to nurture democracy or to destroy it.