5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- The nation's first elites (founders)
- Elite Theory
- John Locke
- Howard Zinn
- Choose their senators.
- a Today, Americans have won the right to do this.
- b Natural rights theory- men are born with the rights to life, liberty and property.
- c 55 white, rich, well educated men.
- d "The us constitution was written to protect the interests of the few from the interests of the many"
- e A way of understanding American Politics by focusing on the role of elites.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Democracy was conceived as a natural enemy why?
- Constitution was ratified in this year.
- government in which you elect people to represent you.
- this would defend the interests of elites and establish laws and order that would preserve the social, political, and economic order.
- Believed the masses lacked what?
5 True/False Questions
Nine → Constitution was ratified in this year.
Roman Republic → Founders intended to create a what?
Daniel Shays → Colonies decided to impose taxes to pay the war debt.
in Massachusetts, this man, organized a revolt that spread.
Republic instead of a democracy. → Delegates chose blank instead of blank.
Checks and Balances → allow one branch to veto the decisions of the other.