5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- James Burgh
- Democracy requires a broad distribution of wealth in order to create competent citizens.
- Jean Jacques Rousseau
- Congressman, Media, and Military Elites
- Jiddu Krishnamurh
- a Social contract theory- (father of the french revolution) men come together to create government for the purpose of protecting those rights. If government fails to protect those rights then men should rebel.
- b The three interlocking sectors that hold power.
- c Argued that education is a spiritual project- and it should help us to develop a moral consciousness.
- d Doctrine of separation - first person to use "a small wall of separation"
- e Democracy was conceived as a natural enemy why?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Wrote a series of articles (the federalist papers)
They never used their real names.
in the papers they didn't identify themselves.
- Limited Representative Government
Separation of Church and State
- Colonies decided to impose taxes to pay the war debt.
in Massachusetts, this man, organized a revolt that spread.
- Contained one house for commoners
Contained another house for upper class elites.
Although peoples house had the right to veto.
- argues that our schools teach the values of competition and the relentless drive for profit.
5 True/False Questions
Limited Government → limited by written rules.
Northern Bankers, merchants, lawyers, and southern planters. → The three interlocking sectors that hold power.
Joseph Priestly → The men who own this country ought to govern it.
Largely unaccountable and self interested. → Elites are.........
Wright Mills → came up with the theory of the 3 interlocking sectors.