← The Renaissance Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Council of Trent
- a fee paid to church to guarantee you less time in purgatory
- b painted the School of Athens
- c Renaissance writer who wrote the book "The Prince".
- d a meeting of Roman Catholic leaders, called by Pope Paul III to rule on doctrines criticized by the Protestant reformers
- e declare invalid
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- rebirth of learning
- catholic church's attempt to stop the protestant movement and to Strengthen the Catholic Church
- invented the printing press
- wrote "Utopia"
5 True/False Questions
William Shakespeare → English poet and dramatist considered one of the greatest English writers
predestination → Calvin's religious theory that God has already planned out a person's life.
Jan van Eyck → religious reformer who believed in predestination and a strict sense of morality for society
theocracy → government run by religious leaders
Martin Luther → German monk and leader of the Protestant Reformation