5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Organs are grouped into what?
- What are systems?
- Besides tissues what else do multicellular organisms have?
- Robert Brown
- What is a multicellular organism?
- a groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
- b Discovered the NUCLEUS
- c a organism that consists of many cells
- d Systems eg nervous system, digestive system
- e They have organs
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- All living substances within a cell.
- ability to maintain a steady state in the cell
- movement of the cell itself (locomotion) or movement of substances and structures inside the cell (internal movement)
- used the word PROTOPLASM to name all the materials within the cell
- Cell junctions which are chemical interactions between the proteins in cell membranes of the adjacent cells.
5 True/False Questions
Are cells responsible for the functions of all living things? → No, cells are specialized in multicellluar organisms
synthesis → synthesis and release of substances from the cell
What are organs? → Organs are tissues grouped together to perfrom a specific function for the organism.
What are the 3 basic principles of the Cell Theory? → 1. Cells are the units that make up all living things
2. Cells are the units that carry on all functions of all living things.
3. Cells have to come from preexisting cells.
What three things happen when cells reach a certain size? → 1. slowdown synthesis of materials
2. secrete certain synthesized materials