5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Most multicelluar organisms are made up of what?
- How do cells hold together?
- JE Purkinje
- What are the specific functions cells perform for Internal Functions?
- a Synthesis
- b Cell junctions which are chemical interactions between the proteins in cell membranes of the adjacent cells.
- c All living substances within a cell.
- d used the word PROTOPLASM to name all the materials within the cell
- e Tissues
5 Multiple choice questions
- a organism that consists of many cells
- Cell division, DNA can only control so much so cell division will occur after a limited amount of growth.
- 1. new organisms if unicellular
2. more cells in the same organism
3. sex cells - egg or sperm
- cells - tissues - organs - sytems
- ability to respond to external factors that affect the operations of the cell.
5 True/False questions
What are tissues? → Similar cells that are grouped together and perform similar functions.
Is all of an organism made of cells? → No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
Organs are grouped into what? → Organs are tissues grouped together to perfrom a specific function for the organism.
secretion → removal of SOLUABLE waste from the cell
movement → movement of the cell itself (locomotion) or movement of substances and structures inside the cell (internal movement)