5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Can tissues exist by themselves?
- Robert Brown
- What is a colonial organism?
- Are cells responsible for the functions of all living things?
- a a collection of similar cells living together. Each cell could alone carry on the processes of a cell in the colonial organism. (except reproduction cells)
- b Yes, Cells perform the processes of life.
- c No, they depend on other tissues to supply them. ex muscle tissue depends on blood tissues to bring glucose etc.
- d movement of the cell itself (locomotion) or movement of substances and structures inside the cell (internal movement)
- e Discovered the NUCLEUS
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- cells - tissues - organs - sytems
- formation of new cells.
- First to see what he thought to be "cells".
- True. Each cell must be performing its specialized function but all functions must be working. Each cell must do its job in its specialized area.
5 True/False Questions
In cells biosynthesis of materials results in what? → growth and maintenance of the cell
What are tissues? → groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
Irritability → ability to respond to external factors that affect the operations of the cell.
Why did he call them cells? → groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
What is it called when some cells perform one function and another cell performs a different function? → Synthesis