5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Why did he call them cells?
- JE Purkinje
- Are cells responsible for the functions of all living things?
- a Yes, Cells perform the processes of life.
- b integration of organic compounds from smaller units obtained from digestion and absorption. results in cell growth, secretion, or replacing worn out parts
- c used the word PROTOPLASM to name all the materials within the cell
- d The first thing he looked at was a thin slice of cork. He saw neat rows of little boxes and they looked like cells in a monastery so he named what he was looking at "cells".
- e breakdown of food (usually glucose) with the release of energy
5 Multiple choice questions
- Absorption and Digestion
- a organism that consists of many cells
- Cellular division of labor
5 True/False questions
In cells biosynthesis of materials results in what? → growth and maintenance of the cell
Besides tissues what else do multicellular organisms have? → They have organs
What is a one cell organism → a collection of similar cells living together. Each cell could alone carry on the processes of a cell in the colonial organism. (except reproduction cells)
What are tissues? → groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
movement → movement of the cell itself (locomotion) or movement of substances and structures inside the cell (internal movement)