5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Do all cells perform all of the functions?
- Robert Brown
- Organs are grouped into what?
- What are the specific functions cells perform for Releasing Materials?
- a synthesis and release of substances from the cell
- b Excretion
- c Discovered the NUCLEUS
- d No, cells are specialized in multicellluar organisms
- e Systems eg nervous system, digestive system
5 Multiple choice questions
- True. Each cell must be performing its specialized function but all functions must be working. Each cell must do its job in its specialized area.
- 1. Cells are the units that make up all living things
2. Cells are the units that carry on all functions of all living things.
3. Cells have to come from preexisting cells.
- removal of SOLUABLE waste from the cell
5 True/False questions
What governs the maximum size a cell can attain? → 1. new organisms if unicellular
2. more cells in the same organism
3. sex cells - egg or sperm
synthesis → integration of organic compounds from smaller units obtained from digestion and absorption. results in cell growth, secretion, or replacing worn out parts
Does the size of the organism indicate the size of the cells? → No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
What are the 4 processes of life cells perform? → Nutrition
movement → enzymatic breakdown of substances to obtain energy or building blocks