5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Can tissues exist by themselves?
- What are the 4 processes of life cells perform?
- Robert Hooke
- Organs are grouped into what?
- What are the specific functions cells perform for Releasing Materials?
- a First to see what he thought to be "cells".
- b Nutrition
- c Excretion
- d Systems eg nervous system, digestive system
- e No, they depend on other tissues to supply them. ex muscle tissue depends on blood tissues to bring glucose etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- No, the size determines the number of the cells. Elephant and Mice cells same size but elephants have more cells.
- a collection of similar cells living together. Each cell could alone carry on the processes of a cell in the colonial organism. (except reproduction cells)
- used the word PROTOPLASM to name all the materials within the cell
- Yes, Cells perform the processes of life.
5 True/False questions
What is a one cell organism → Unicellular
Besides tissues what else do multicellular organisms have? → They have organs
Why did he call them cells? → The first thing he looked at was a thin slice of cork. He saw neat rows of little boxes and they looked like cells in a monastery so he named what he was looking at "cells".
What are systems? → groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
What is it called when some cells perform one function and another cell performs a different function? → Cellular division of labor