5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- True or False. In order to be alive, collectively all the cells must accomplish all the functions.
- What are systems?
- What three things happen when cells reach a certain size?
- a ability to maintain a steady state in the cell
- b elimination of NONSOLUABLE waste from the cell
- c 1. slowdown synthesis of materials
2. secrete certain synthesized materials
- d groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
- e True. Each cell must be performing its specialized function but all functions must be working. Each cell must do its job in its specialized area.
5 Multiple choice questions
- growth and maintenance of the cell
- formation of new cells.
- Discovered the NUCLEUS
- 1. Cells are the units that make up all living things
2. Cells are the units that carry on all functions of all living things.
3. Cells have to come from preexisting cells.
- integration of organic compounds from smaller units obtained from digestion and absorption. results in cell growth, secretion, or replacing worn out parts
5 True/False questions
Can tissues exist by themselves? → No, they depend on other tissues to supply them. ex muscle tissue depends on blood tissues to bring glucose etc.
Organs are grouped into what? → Organs are tissues grouped together to perfrom a specific function for the organism.
movement → movement of the cell itself (locomotion) or movement of substances and structures inside the cell (internal movement)
What is a multicellular organism? → Unicellular
Is all of an organism made of cells? → No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.