5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- True or False. In order to be alive, collectively all the cells must accomplish all the functions.
- Is all of an organism made of cells?
- What are the 3 basic principles of the Cell Theory?
- What are the 4 processes of life cells perform?
- JE Purkinje
- a used the word PROTOPLASM to name all the materials within the cell
- b Nutrition
- c No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
- d 1. Cells are the units that make up all living things
2. Cells are the units that carry on all functions of all living things.
3. Cells have to come from preexisting cells.
- e True. Each cell must be performing its specialized function but all functions must be working. Each cell must do its job in its specialized area.
5 Multiple choice questions
- No, cells are specialized in multicellluar organisms
- growth and maintenance of the cell
- Cell division, DNA can only control so much so cell division will occur after a limited amount of growth.
- Absorption and Digestion
- movement of the cell itself (locomotion) or movement of substances and structures inside the cell (internal movement)
5 True/False questions
What are the specific functions cells perform for Releasing Materials? → Synthesis
Absorption → removal of SOLUABLE waste from the cell
Can tissues exist by themselves? → No, they depend on other tissues to supply them. ex muscle tissue depends on blood tissues to bring glucose etc.
What is a multicellular organism? → a collection of similar cells living together. Each cell could alone carry on the processes of a cell in the colonial organism. (except reproduction cells)
What are the results of cellular division → 1. new organisms if unicellular
2. more cells in the same organism
3. sex cells - egg or sperm