5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What are tissues?
- What are the specific functions cells perform for Internal Functions?
- Can tissues exist by themselves?
- What three things happen when cells reach a certain size?
- a Similar cells that are grouped together and perform similar functions.
- b No, they depend on other tissues to supply them. ex muscle tissue depends on blood tissues to bring glucose etc.
- c 1. slowdown synthesis of materials
2. secrete certain synthesized materials
- d ability to maintain a steady state in the cell
- e Synthesis
5 Multiple choice questions
- breakdown of food (usually glucose) with the release of energy
- Cell junctions which are chemical interactions between the proteins in cell membranes of the adjacent cells.
- Organs are tissues grouped together to perfrom a specific function for the organism.
- synthesis and release of substances from the cell
5 True/False questions
True or False. In order to be alive, collectively all the cells must accomplish all the functions. → 1. Cells are the units that make up all living things
2. Cells are the units that carry on all functions of all living things.
3. Cells have to come from preexisting cells.
Absorption → transport of dissolved substances into cells to serve as energy or building blocks
What are the specific functions cells perform for Releasing Materials? → Excretion
What are systems? → groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
What is a multicellular organism? → a collection of similar cells living together. Each cell could alone carry on the processes of a cell in the colonial organism. (except reproduction cells)