5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Besides tissues what else do multicellular organisms have?
- In cells biosynthesis of materials results in what?
- What three things happen when cells reach a certain size?
- Organization of Multicelluar organisms
- a They have organs
- b ability to respond to external factors that affect the operations of the cell.
- c growth and maintenance of the cell
- d 1. slowdown synthesis of materials
2. secrete certain synthesized materials
- e cells - tissues - organs - sytems
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- enzymatic breakdown of substances to obtain energy or building blocks
- elimination of NONSOLUABLE waste from the cell
- No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
5 True/False Questions
JE Purkinje → breakdown of food (usually glucose) with the release of energy
Why did he call them cells? → groups of organs that work together to accomplish one life functions. digestive system - stomach - intestine - colon all together to accomplish Nutrition.
What are the results of cellular division → a organism that consists of many cells
Does the size of the organism indicate the size of the cells? → No, the size determines the number of the cells. Elephant and Mice cells same size but elephants have more cells.
Robert Hooke → First to see what he thought to be "cells".