5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the results of cellular division
- Is all of an organism made of cells?
- What are the specific functions cells perform for Internal Functions?
- a No. The parts of the organism not made of cells are composed of materials manufactured by cells. For example Chitin covers outside of insects body. It is not a cell but a carbohydrate made by the cell.
- b Synthesis
- c All living substances within a cell.
- d 1. new organisms if unicellular
2. more cells in the same organism
3. sex cells - egg or sperm
- e removal of SOLUABLE waste from the cell
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Matthias SchLeiden discovered all pLants are composed of cells
Theodore SchwAnn discovered all Animals are composed of cells.
thus beginning the Cell Theory
- No, cells are specialized in multicellluar organisms
- Tight, anchoring, and gap junctions
- Absorption and Digestion
- No, the size determines the number of the cells. Elephant and Mice cells same size but elephants have more cells.
5 True/False Questions
Why did he call them cells? → The first thing he looked at was a thin slice of cork. He saw neat rows of little boxes and they looked like cells in a monastery so he named what he was looking at "cells".
Besides tissues what else do multicellular organisms have? → a organism that consists of many cells
Absorption → transport of dissolved substances into cells to serve as energy or building blocks
What are the 4 processes of life cells perform? → Nutrition
homeostasis → ability to maintain a steady state in the cell