← Human Geography Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Name 4 types of distortion
- What is GPS?
- Who prepared a world map and geogrphy text in 1154, building on Ptolemy's long neglected work.
- a Global Positioning System: a system that determines accurately the precise position of something on Earth
- b 1. Shape 2. distance 3. relative size 4. direction
- c made a world map based on information from sailors.
- d al-Idrisi (1100-1165)
- e (384-322) the first to demonstrate the Earth was spherical.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- helps us to find the shortest route between two places and to avoid getting along the way.
- 1. a fraction (1/24,000) or ratio 1:24,000 2. written statement (1" equals 1 mile) 3. graphic bar scale.
- Phei Hsiu (Fei Xiu)
- the economic resources of the country's different provinces.
- aircraft and ships
5 True/False Questions
Name 5 climate regions. → 1. scale 2. space 3. connections
Who observed that matter falls together toward a common center. Earth shadows on the Moon is circular during an eclipse. → Aristotle
The scientif method of transferring locations on Earth's surface to a flat map → Eratosthenes
Name 2 purpose that map serves. → 1. a tool for storing reference material and 2. a tool for communicating geographic information.
scale → the relationship between the portion of Earth being studied and Earth as a whole