5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- internal failure costs
- design quality
- Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award
- external failure costs
- 14. quality management
- a a national quality award bestowed given by the United States National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) in recognition of superior quality and performance excellence.
- b A management approach that establishes an organization wide focus on quality.
- c Costs associated with quality failures uncovered before products are delivered to customers.
- d costs associated with quality failures uncovered after products reach customers.
- e a measure of how well a product's designed features match up to the requirements of a given customer group.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Costs resulting from inspection used to assess quality levels.
- An integrated business management strategy aimed at embedding awareness of quality in all organizational processes.
- a technique for separating the critical few causes of problems for the trivial many.
- A set of internationally accepted standards for business quality management systems.
- a product's fitness for consumption in terms of meeting customers' needs and desires.
5 True/False Questions
Cost of quality (COQ) → a measure of how well a product's designed features match up to the requirements of a given customer group.
histogram → a graphical representation of the distribution of values.
standard deviation → a product's fitness for consumption in terms of meeting customers' needs and desires.
conformance quality → a measure of whether or not a delivered product meets its design specifications.
check sheet → a tool for collecting, organizing, and displaying data with the goal of revealing underlying patterns.