5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- check sheet
- internal failure costs
- ISO 9000
- Pareto analysis
- Malcom Baldrige National Quality Award
- a a national quality award bestowed given by the United States National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST) in recognition of superior quality and performance excellence.
- b Costs associated with quality failures uncovered before products are delivered to customers.
- c A set of internationally accepted standards for business quality management systems.
- d a tool for collecting, organizing, and displaying data with the goal of revealing underlying patterns.
- e a technique for separating the critical few causes of problems for the trivial many.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a process for improving quality that describes the sequence used to solve problems and improve quality continuously over time; aka the DEMING WHEEL or DEMING CYCLE.
- a framework for quantifying the total cost of quality-related efforts and deficiencies.
- a measure of the variability or dispersion of a population, data set or distribution.
- A management approach that establishes an organization wide focus on quality.
- a graphical representation of the distribution of values.
5 True/False Questions
Six Sigma → a graphical representation of the distribution of values.
cause and effect diagrams (CEDs) → a design approach that balances customer requirements with the constraints and capabilities of the supporting manufacturing and service processes.
prevention costs → costs associated with efforts to prevent product defects and associated failure and appraisal costs.
DMAIC → A set of internationally accepted standards for business quality management systems.
Design for Six Sigma (DFSS) → a management program that seeks to improve the quality of process outputs by identifying and removing the causes of defects and variation in the various processes.