5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Richter Scale
- moment magnitude scale
- a occurs when an Earthquakes violent shaking suddenly turns loose soft soil into liquid
- b a force that acts on rock to change its shape and volume.
- c rating of an earth quake's magnitude based on the size of the seismic waves.
- d a fold in rock that bends upward into an arch
- e a rating system that estimates the total energy released by an earthquake
5 Multiple choice questions
- a large area of flat land elevated high above sea level
- a fold in rock that bends downward to form a valley
- an earthquake that occurs after a larger earthquake in the same area.
- building designed to reduce the amount of energy that reaches the building during an earthquake.
- number assigned by geologists based on the Earth quakes size
5 True/False questions
compression → Stress force that squeezes rock until until it folds or breaks
tsunami → A type of seismic wave that moves the ground up and down or side to side.
tension → the force that opposes the motion of one surface as it moves across another surface
hanging wall → the rock on a normal fault that lies below.
s wave → A type of seismic wave that moves the ground up and down or side to side.