5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- foot wall
- Richter Scale
- hanging wall
- a the rock on a normal fault that lies below.
- b the force that opposes the motion of one surface as it moves across another surface
- c rating of an earth quake's magnitude based on the size of the seismic waves.
- d a force that acts on rock to change its shape and volume.
- e the rock on a normal fault that hangs above
5 Multiple choice questions
- Stress force that squeezes rock until until it folds or breaks
- developed to rate earthquakes according to the level of damage at a given place.
- occurs when an Earthquakes violent shaking suddenly turns loose soft soil into liquid
- A type of seismic wave that moves the ground up and down or side to side.
- an earthquake that occurs after a larger earthquake in the same area.
5 True/False questions
strike-slip fault → same as a reverse fault except the blocks move in the opposite direction
earthquake → a fold in rock that bends upward into an arch
normal fault → same as a reverse fault except the blocks move in the opposite direction
shearing → stress that pushes a mass of rock in two opposite directions
reverse fault → the fault is at an angle so one block of rock lies above the fault while the other block lies below the fault.