5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- foot wall
- Richter Scale
- a the point on the Earth's surface directly above the focus of an earthquake
- b instrument that records and measures seismic waves
- c the rock on a normal fault that lies below.
- d an earthquake that occurs after a larger earthquake in the same area.
- e rating of an earth quake's magnitude based on the size of the seismic waves.
5 Multiple choice questions
- water displaced by an earthquake grows into a mountain of water as it approaches shallow
- a fold in rock that bends downward to form a valley
- developed to rate earthquakes according to the level of damage at a given place.
- a rating system that estimates the total energy released by an earthquake
- stress force that pulls on the crust stretching rock so that it becomes thinner in the middle.
5 True/False questions
normal fault → the fault is at an angle so one block of rock lies above the fault while the other block lies below the fault.
earthquake → the shaking and trembling that results from the movement of rock beneath the earths surface
reverse fault → the fault is at an angle so one block of rock lies above the fault while the other block lies below the fault.
hanging wall → the rock on a normal fault that hangs above
shearing → a fold in rock that bends downward to form a valley