5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- cerebrum; diencephalon; midbrain
- falx cerebri; venous sinus; dura mater; arachnoid mater; pia mater
- interventricular foramina
- a Joins lateral ventricles with the third ventricle.
- b Outer surface of the cerebrum.
a b c d e
- d Basal nuclei are found in the _______, ________, and ______ of the brainstem.
- e Most inferior portion of the diencephalon.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The cortex in the cerebellum are folded in ridges called _____. _____ matter in the cerebellum resembles a tree, this is why it is called _____ vitae.
- T or F: The medulla oblongata only has descending nerve tracts.
- Ventricle associated with pons and medulla oblongata.
a b c d e f g h i j k l
______ gyrus = primary motor cortex
_______ gyrus = primary somatic sensory cortex
5 True/False Questions
pontine → Def.: Anterior portion of the pons that serves as a relay between the cerebrum and cerebellum.
subthalamus → Part of the diencephalon that contains parts of red nuclei and substantia nigra.
brain → The part of the CNS contained in the cranial cavity.
viscera → Center of the cerebrum.
projection fibers → Tracts (fibers) between the cerebrum and other parts of the brain and spinal cord.