5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- high; oxygen; glucose
- cerebral medulla
- projection fibers
- thalamus; hypothalamus; pituitary gland; corpus callosum; epithalamus; subthalamus; cerebellum
- a The brain has a ____ metabolic rate that is depedendent upon a constant supply of ______ and _______.
- b Tracts (fibers) between the cerebrum and other parts of the brain and spinal cord.
a b c d e f g
- e Def.: White matter between the cortex and nuclei that contains association, commissural, and projection fibers.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The brain is the _____ center for many of the body's functions and is much like a complex _______.
- Put the meninges of the brain in order from outermost to innermost.
- Part of the brain located between the brainstem and cerebrum.
- T or F: Pons have ascending and descending fiber tracts.
- The act of achieving full gratification.
5 True/False Questions
hypothalamus → Sensory information from spinal cord synapses in this part of the diencephalon before projecting to the cerebrum.
olives → Portion of the brainstem that is the sleep center.
cerebrum; diencephalon; midbrain → Basal nuclei are found in the _______, ________, and ______ of the brainstem.
infundibulum → Stalk inside of the hypothalamus extending from floor that connects the hypothalamus to the posterior pituitary gland. Controls the endocrine system.
hypothalamus → Portion of the diencephalon responsible for swallowing and shivering.