5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- trigeminal nerve
- trigeminal; glossopharyngeal; vagus; accessory; hypoglossal
- temporal lobe
- a The _______ cranial nerve is primarily responsible for tongue motor function, while glossopharyngeal is one of the sensory cranial nerves for the tongue. (along with trigeminal and facial)
- b All sympathetic and parasympathetic axons in the head follow branches or this cranial nerve to their target tissues.
- c The brain receives __-__% of blood pumped by the heart.
- d The insula is within this lobe of the brain.
- e Name the cranial nerves with nuclei in the medulla oblongata.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Most inferior part of the brainstem.
- Stalk inside of the hypothalamus extending from floor that connects the hypothalamus to the posterior pituitary gland. Controls the endocrine system.
- Connections (fibers) within the same hemisphere.
a b c d e f g
- Cranial nerve that sends parasympathetic information from the brain to the carotid.
5 True/False questions
gyri → Portion of the brainstem that is the sleep center.
frontal; parietal; occipital; temporal → The vertebral arteries join to form the _______ artery. Carotids plus basilar from the _______ _______ ______.
precentral; postcentral → Tracts (fibers) between the cerebrum and other parts of the brain and spinal cord.
glossopharyngeal nerve → Cranial nerve that sends parasympathetic information from the brain to the carotid.
corpora quadrigemina → A circle of arteries that supply blood to the brain. (fun name!)