5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- flocculonodular lobe
- Circle of Willis
- Purkinje cells
- a These cells found in the cerebellum are the largest in the CNS.
- b Give the numbers of the cranial nerve nuclei present in the pons.
- c The Infundibulum of the hypothalamus controls the ________ system.
- d Part of the cerebellum that controls balance and eye movements.
- e aka cerebral arterial circle
5 Multiple choice questions
- Def.: Four nuclei that form mounds on the dorsal surface of the midbrain.
- All sympathetic and parasympathetic axons in the head follow branches or this cranial nerve to their target tissues.
- Portion of the diencephalon responsible for swallowing and shivering.
- BBB: (Three characteristics determining permeability.)
________ cells (lining all capillaries) have tight junctions between them.
_______ have foot processes that influence capillary _______.
Basement membrane of endothelium.
- Joins lateral ventricles with the third ventricle.
5 True/False questions
fourth ventricle → The _______ cerebellar peduncle goes to the midbrain.
commissural fibers → Fibers that connect one hemisphere to the other.
cortex → Outer surface of the cerebrum.
mood → Basal nuclei are responsible for _____ function and control.
reticular formation → Def.: Group of nuclei scattered throughout the brainstem that controls cyclic activities such as a the sleep-wake cycle.