5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- hypothalamus; mammillary body; infundibulum; pituitary gland
- thalamus; hypothalamus; pituitary gland; corpus callosum; epithalamus; subthalamus; cerebellum
a b c d
a b c d e f g
- c The ______ cerebellar peduncle goes to the pons.
- d The _______ cerebellar peduncle goes to the midbrain.
- e A membrane (one of 3) that envelops the brain and spinal cord. (Connective tissue membranes.)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The brainstem connects the ______ ____ to the _____ and integrates reflexes necessary for ________.
- This is found in the cerebrum and diencephalon and is responsible for basic survival functions such as memory, reproduction, and nutrition. Also responsible for emotions.
- Two pairs of cranial nerves arise from the ______, while ten pairs arise from the ________.
- ________ fibers decussate in the medulla oblongata, which allows each half of the brain to control the ________ half of the body.
- The ______ mater meninges is a thin, wispy layer.
5 True/False Questions
dura mater; arachnoid mater; pia mater → Space of web-like strands of arachnoid, blood vessels, and CSF.
False → T or F: The medulla oblongata has both ascending and descending nerve tracts.
carotids; vertebral → The brain receives blood through the internal _______ and ________ arteries.
trigeminal → CSF is similar to serum. The only difference is CSF has less _______.
precentral; postcentral → All sympathetic and parasympathetic axons in the head follow branches or this cranial nerve to their target tissues.