5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- commissural fibers
- folia; white; arbor
- Pyramidal; opposite
- a This part of the brain is attached the the brainstem and is posterior to the pons.
- b Fibers that connect one hemisphere to the other.
- c The cortex in the cerebellum are folded in ridges called _____. _____ matter in the cerebellum resembles a tree, this is why it is called _____ vitae.
- d Thalamus:
lateral posterior and pulvinar nuclei = ________ integration
- e ________ fibers decussate in the medulla oblongata, which allows each half of the brain to control the ________ half of the body.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The _______ cranial nerve is primarily responsible for tongue motor function, while glossopharyngeal is one of the sensory cranial nerves for the tongue. (along with trigeminal and facial)
- Formed by dura mater:
____ cerebri = longitudinal fissure between the two cerebral hemispheres.
_________ cerebelli = dura mater between cerebellum and cerebrum.
____ cerebelli = dura mater between the two cerebellar hemispheres.
anterior and medial nuclei connected to limbic system = ____ modification
- ______ space = serous fluid. ______ space = CSF.
- The vertebral arteries join to form the _______ artery. Carotids plus basilar from the _______ _______ ______.
5 True/False questions
thalamus → Sensory information from spinal cord synapses in this part of the diencephalon before projecting to the cerebrum.
glossopharyngeal nerve → Cranial nerve that sends sensory information from the carotid to the brain.
cerebellum → Def.: Four nuclei that form mounds on the dorsal surface of the midbrain.
pons → Part of the brainstem that is superior to the medulla oblongata and inferior to the midbrain.
middle → Center of the cerebrum.