5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- diffusion; mediated
- V; IX-XII
- choroid plexuses
- a Def.: Located in each of the four ventricles; produce CSF which fills ventricles and other parts of the brain and spinal cord.
- b Fluid that bathes the brain and spinal cord and serves as a protective cushion around the CNS.
- c Largets portion of the brain.
- d Nicotine, ethanol, and heroin cross the BBB by ________.
Amino acids and glucose cross the BBB by ________ transport.
- e Give the numbers of the cranial nerves with nuclei in the medulla oblongata.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Portion of the diencephalon responsible for swallowing and shivering.
- The ______ mater meninges is a thin, wispy layer.
- Most inferior portion of the diencephalon.
- Lobe of the cerebrum responsible for reception and integration of visual input.
- Lateral ventricles are within ______ hemispheres.
5 True/False Questions
hypothalamus → Portion of the diencephalon that receives input from viscera, taste receptors, limbic system, nipples, external genitalia, and prefrontal cortex.
spinal cord; brain; survival → The brainstem connects the ______ ____ to the _____ and integrates reflexes necessary for ________.
olives → Def.: Nuclei within the medulla oblongata that help regulate balance, coordination, and modulation of sound from inner ear.
midbrain → aka mesencephalon
corpora quadrigemina → Joins the third and fourth ventricles and is continuous with the spinal cord.