5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- brainstem; medulla oblongata; pons; midbrain; reticular formation
- trigeminal nerve
- V; IX-XII
- a The thalamus of the diencephalon is surrounded by the _____ ventricle.
a b c d e
- c Give the numbers of the cranial nerves with nuclei in the medulla oblongata.
- d All sympathetic and parasympathetic axons in the head follow branches or this cranial nerve to their target tissues.
- e Folds of the cortex of the cerebrum.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The _______ cerebellar peduncle goes to the medulla oblongata.
- Lobe of the cerebrum responsible for voluntary motor function, motivation, aggression, sense of smell, and mood.
______ gyrus = primary motor cortex
_______ gyrus = primary somatic sensory cortex
- Portion of the brainstem that is the sleep center.
- T or F: The medulla oblongata has both ascending and descending nerve tracts.
5 True/False Questions
fourth ventricle → Ventricle associated with pons and medulla oblongata.
endothelial; astrocytes; permeability → BBB: (Three characteristics determining permeability.)
________ cells (lining all capillaries) have tight junctions between them.
_______ have foot processes that influence capillary _______.
Basement membrane of endothelium.
sulci → Folds of the cortex of the cerebrum.
cerebrum; diencephalon; midbrain → The limbic system is part of the ______ and ________ of the brain.
diffusion; mediated → Nicotine, ethanol, and heroin cross the BBB by ________.
Amino acids and glucose cross the BBB by ________ transport.