5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- cerebrum; diencephalon
- pineal gland
- a Part of the epithalamus that may influence sleepiness, regulate biological clock, and play a role in the onset of puberty.
- b The limbic system is part of the ______ and ________ of the brain.
- c Part of the diencephalon that has two lateral portions connected by the intermediate mass.
- d Def.: Internal organs collectively (especially those in the abdominal cavity).
- e Basal nuclei are responsible for _____ function and control.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Part of the cerebellum that controls balance and eye movements.
- Def.: Descending nerve tracts on the anterior surface of the medulla oblongata.
- T or F: Cranial nerves are part of the PNS that arises directly from the brain.
a b c d e
- Portion of the diencephalon responsible for swallowing and shivering.
5 True/False questions
diencephalon → The third ventricle is within the _______ of the brain.
mood → Thalamus:
anterior and medial nuclei connected to limbic system = ____ modification
falx; tentorium; falx → Formed by dura mater:
____ cerebri = longitudinal fissure between the two cerebral hemispheres.
_________ cerebelli = dura mater between cerebellum and cerebrum.
____ cerebelli = dura mater between the two cerebellar hemispheres.
pons; medulla oblongata; folia; arbor vitae; purkinje; purkinje cell; lateral hemispheres →
a b c d e f g