5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- control; computer
- falx cerebri; venous sinus; dura mater; arachnoid mater; pia mater
- a This part of the brain is attached the the brainstem and is posterior to the pons.
- b Thalamus:
ventral anterior and ventral lateral nuclei = ______ function.
a b c d e
- d The brain is the _____ center for many of the body's functions and is much like a complex _______.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Two are found in the corpora quadrigemina.
Involved in hearing.
- The cortex in the cerebellum are folded in ridges called _____. _____ matter in the cerebellum resembles a tree, this is why it is called _____ vitae.
- Lateral ventricles are within ______ hemispheres.
- T or F: Cranial nerves are part of the PNS that arises directly from the brain.
- This is found in the cerebrum and diencephalon and is responsible for basic survival functions such as memory, reproduction, and nutrition. Also responsible for emotions.
5 True/False questions
thalamus → Part of the diencephalon that has two lateral portions connected by the intermediate mass.
Red nuclei → A membrane (one of 3) that envelops the brain and spinal cord. (Connective tissue membranes.)
hypothalamus → Portion of the diencephalon that receives input from viscera, taste receptors, limbic system, nipples, external genitalia, and prefrontal cortex.
cerebrum; diencephalon; midbrain → Part of the brain located between the brainstem and cerebrum.