5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- occipital lobe
- dura mater; arachnoid mater; pia mater
- cerebrum; diencephalon; midbrain
- a The infundibulum connects the hypothalamus to the posterior _______ gland.
- b Thalamus:
lateral posterior and pulvinar nuclei = ________ integration
- c Basal nuclei are found in the _______, ________, and ______ of the brainstem.
- d Put the meninges of the brain in order from outermost to innermost.
- e Lobe of the cerebrum responsible for reception and integration of visual input.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The brainstem connects the ______ ____ to the _____ and integrates reflexes necessary for ________.
- The ______ mater meninges is a thin, wispy layer.
- Part of the brain responsible for reception and evaluation for smell and hearing; emory, abstract thought, judgement.
- Tracts (fibers) between the cerebrum and other parts of the brain and spinal cord.
a b c d e
5 True/False Questions
Habenular nucleus → The Infundibulum of the hypothalamus controls the ________ system.
precentral; postcentral → Cerebrum:
______ gyrus = primary motor cortex
_______ gyrus = primary somatic sensory cortex
basilar; cerebral arterial circle → The vertebral arteries join to form the _______ artery. Carotids plus basilar from the _______ _______ ______.
medulla oblongata → This part of the brainstem is continuous with the spinal cord.
motor; somatic sensory → Thin, delicate CT membrane closely adhered to brain. Follows external contours.