5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- internal structures
- Transmission electron microscopes (TEMs)
- nuclear envelope, endoplasmic reticulum, golgi apparatus, lysosomes, vacuoles, plasma membrane
- Biosynthetic Factory
- a Focus a beam of electrons through a specimen
- b TEMs are mainly used to study what part of cells?
- c Some types of cells can engulf another cell by what, forming a food vacuole?
- d The Endoplasmic Reticulum
- e Components of the endomembrane system
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Are characterized by DNA in a nucleus that is bounded by a membranous nuclear envelope, membrane-bound organelles, and cytoplasm in the region between the plasma membrane and nucleus
- What are three important parameters of microscopy?
- Encloses the nucleus, separating it from the cytoplasm
- Proteins covalently bonded to carbohydrates
- Various techniques enhance contrast and enable cell components to be _________ or _________.
5 True/False Questions
Prokaryotic cells → What regulates the entry and exit of molecules from the nucleus?
Lysosomal enzymes → Rough ER has what?
Plasma membrane, semifluid called cytosol, chromosomes, and ribosomes → Focus a beam of electrons through a specimen
Microscopy → What uses the information from the DNA to make proteins?
descent from earlier cells → How are all cells related?