5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- When does a human being's life begin?
- the involuntary contraction of the muscles in the esophagus that pushes the food toward the stomach
- gland in the endocrine system that produces hormones and releases them directly into the body
- storage sac for liquid waste (urine)
- Why is the cardiovascular system important to every cell in the body?
- a conception
- b bladder
- c peristalsis
- d all cells need nutrients and oxygen to function; the cardiovascular system delivers these needed substances to the cell. Every cell generates waste products from its metabolism; the cardiovascular system delivers these wastes to the respiratory and excretory systems for removal from the body.
- e endocrine gland
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- mucous membrane
- food is chewed and mixed with saliva, which contains enzymes that break down starch
- prepare the body should it ever have to defend against a repelled pathogen again
- pituitary gland
5 True/False Questions
six types of connective tissue → bone, cartilage, adipose, blood, loose connective tissue, dens connective tissue
liquid supplied by the cardiovascular system that surrounds every cell in the body; help cells stay clean and maintain the right water balance → muscular system
a tough, slipper membrane that encloses the heart → pericardium
disease-causing organism → pathogen
the brains three main parts → cerebrum