← Lit Test 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- first person narration
- foreshadowing and flashback
- a What literary devices are used in "The Leap" ?
- b struggle between opposing forces
- c In "The Leap", what does her second husband teacher her to do?
- d framework of a story
- e What did the author NOT use to make the time seem to move more slowly in "Contents of Dead Man's Pocket" ?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- voice in "Typhoid Fever"
- What is the colomber viewed as by Stefano?
- narrator who knows everything about everyone
- author of "Everyday Use"
- What is the cold equation?
5 True/False Questions
suspense → point of emotional intensity
Frank McCourt → author of "The Pedestrian"
a skeleton in a boat holding a stone → climax in the "Colomber"
satire → author of "The Storyteller"
setting → time, place, and physical details of a story