← Lit Test 1 Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- first person
- first person narration
- story of their survival and hardships
- a narrator distinguished by using the word " I "
- b What is this an example of: "lips destined never again to meet" ?
- c antagonist in "Colomber"
- d What is the quilt symbolic of in "Everyday Use"
- e What did the author NOT use to make the time seem to move more slowly in "Contents of Dead Man's Pocket" ?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- time, place, and physical details of a story
- What is "The Storyteller" an example of?
- narrator who knows everything about everyone
- In "By the Waters of Babylon" the narrator's father warns truth should come?
- arranging words to be similar in form
5 True/False Questions
personification → What is this an example of: "then the pencil would resume whispering" ?
wasted life → writing that ridicules to bring about change
New York → setting in "By the Waters of Babylon"
Tom Godwin → setting in "By the Waters of Babylon"
style → author's characteristic manner of expression