5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- external conflict
- third person
- a What is this an example of: " I was seven the year the house caught fire" ?
- b What is this an example of: "lips destined never again to meet" ?
- c struggle between the character and an outside source
- d "By the Waters of Babylon" is an example of what?
- e narrator distinguished by "he,she,it"
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is the man's profession in "The Pedestrian" ?
- antagonist in "Colomber"
- framework of a story
- author's characteristic manner of expression
- In "The Leap", the grave stone seems to become clearer, what does this symbolize?
5 True/False questions
he realized he needed family → turning point in "Contents of a Dead Man's Pocket" ?
she took a leap to reach her child and it took faith to have her profession → significance of title in "The Leap"
first person narration → point of view in "By the Waters of Babylon"
victim and his family → Who could see the colomber in the story "Colomber" ?
Dino Buzzati → situation is different than expected