5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- joy and peace of mind
- he realized he needed family
- a arranging words to be similar in form
- b What would the pearl bring to a person in "Colomber" ?
- c "By the Waters of Babylon" is an example of what?
- d How do we know time has elasped in "By the Waters of Babylon" ?
- e turning point in "Contents of a Dead Man's Pocket" ?
5 Multiple choice questions
- What is this an example of: "I tried to think of my knowledge but it was a squirrel's heap of winter nuts" ?
- setting in "Colomber"
- framework of a story
- What is "The Storyteller" an example of?
- What is the quilt symbolic of in "Everyday Use"
5 True/False questions
title towards Psalm 137 and it compares Jerusalem to New York → Why is the daughter resistant to the mother in "Two Kinds" ?
satire → author's characteristic manner of expression
life → What is the cold equation?
love → What is the cold equation?
it adds a sense of mystery to it and lets us see what he's thinking → Why is it important that "By the Waters of Babylon" is written in a first person point of view?