5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- fear of gods and fear of dying
- it adds a sense of mystery to it and lets us see what he's thinking
- first person narration
- a What did the author NOT use to make the time seem to move more slowly in "Contents of Dead Man's Pocket" ?
- b internal conflict in "By the Waters of Babylon"
- c In "The Leap", what does her second husband teacher her to do?
- d arranging words to be similar in form
- e Why is it important that "By the Waters of Babylon" is written in a first person point of view?
5 Multiple choice questions
- author of "The Storyteller"
- In "By the Waters of Babylon" the narrator's father warns truth should come?
- writing style of "The Pedestrian"
- writing style of "By the Waters of Babylon"
- narrator distinguished by using the word " I "
5 True/False questions
Relationships are more important than work → In "The Cold Equations", which comparison isn't made between nature and technology?
recklessly without much thought → In "By the Waters of Babylon" its implied that the gods treated knowledge how?
victim and his family → Who could see the colomber in the story "Colomber" ?
Frank McCourt → author of "Typhoid Fever"
Italian coast and country → setting in "Colomber"