5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Consanguineous relationships
- Conservative Perspective
- Traditional Family
- Affiliated Kin
- a Middle class version of the nuclear family
- b unrelated individuals who feel and are treated as if they were relatives
- c cultural values have shifted from individual self sacrifice toward personal self-fulfillment
- d created through biological ties. (through birth)
- e Universal Nuclear family
Self reliant traditional family
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the shaping of individual behavior to conform to social or cultural norms
- The practice of having only one spouse at a time over and over again.
- One or more people-everyone living in a housing unit
- The practice of having two or more spouses at a time.
The preferred marital arrangement worldwide.
- Provision of intimacy
Formation of a cooperative economic unit
Reproduction and socialization
Assignment of social roles and status
5 True/False Questions
Nuclear Family → Mother, father, and children
Families are diverse → Not all families react the same way
Clan → Our attitudes and beliefs affect and distort views...
Experience vs expertise
Ongoing social controversy
Centrist perspective → The changes in family patterns are just that- changes, not signs of familial decline
Monogomy → The practice of having only one spouse at a time