5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Conjugal relationships
- Consanguineous relationships
- The family of orientation
- a The family in which we grew up
- b created through biological ties. (through birth)
- c Universal Nuclear family
Self reliant traditional family
- d Family relationships created through marriage
- e The practice of having two or more spouses at a time.
The preferred marital arrangement worldwide.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The practice of having two or more wives.
- Outside forces shape family experiences
- Group of related families
- The practice of having only one spouse at a time
- Middle class version of the nuclear family
5 True/False Questions
Nuclear Family → Mother, father, and children
Kinship system → Our attitudes and beliefs affect and distort views...
Experience vs expertise
Ongoing social controversy
Conservative Perspective → cultural values have shifted from individual self sacrifice toward personal self-fulfillment
Social institution → the shaping of individual behavior to conform to social or cultural norms
Families are dynamic → If one family member does an action-it affects the entire family