5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Council of Blood
- radical protestants
- Diet of Worms
- Ignatius of Loyola
- a Author of the Spiritual Exercises and founder of a monastic order which had as its aim the spread of Catholicism through education.
- b Charles V summoned a council of German princes to talk about Luther.
- c Established by Duke of Alva. They burned Calvinist churches, executed leaders, and raised taxes.
- d Town seized by Anabaptists in which they combined religious fanaticism with reign of terror. They burned all books other than the bible. The leader was John Bockleson.
- e Ananbaptists, Mennonites, Spiritualists, and Anti-Trinitarians are all what?
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Marriage based on love; gave wives equality with their husbands.
- French Calvinists
- Fight between Catholics and Huguenots, lots of political motives, refused to tolerate one another, fight for religion and throne, Protestants won, Spain still predominantly Catholic, Henry IV converted to Catholicism, passed Edict of Nantes
- Written by Ignatius of Loyola. This was a training manual for spiritual development and strengthened people to follow the will of God.
- The Southern Catholic provinces united with the Northern Protestant provinces against Spain.
5 True/False Questions
Sweden → Church agent who sold indulgences in Bradenburg, North Germany. Convinced people to buy indulgences.
Tetzel → city that was reformed by Calvin, had a church government- had both clergy and laity in the service of the church, Consistory, became a powerful center of Protestantism
Wallenstein → Town seized by Anabaptists in which they combined religious fanaticism with reign of terror. They burned all books other than the bible. The leader was John Bockleson.
Antwerp → Church agent who sold indulgences in Bradenburg, North Germany. Convinced people to buy indulgences.
Catherine of Aragon → Religious reform movement within the Latin Christian Church, begun in response to the Protestant Reformation. It clarified Catholic theology and reformed clerical training and discipline.