5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Gustavus Adolphus
- Edict of Nantes
- the Downs
- a City that inherited the trade from Antwerp. Became the commercial capital of Europe.
- b French document signed by Henry IV in 1598 which granted Huguenots some measure of religious freedom.
- c At the Battle of _______, the Dutch destroyed a Spanish armada of 77 ships, contributing to the permanent of Spanish naval power in the Atlantic.
- d Swedish king who led the Swedes to victory at the Battle of Luzten.
- e French Calvinists
5 Multiple choice questions
- city that was reformed by Calvin, had a church government- had both clergy and laity in the service of the church, Consistory, became a powerful center of Protestantism
- Hapsburg general who led the HRE in winning what is known as the Danish phase of the war.
- Founder of Calvinism that had an easier break from CC. Introduced the idea of predestination. Wrote the Institutes of the Christian Religion. Created a theocracy in Geneva.
- English Church
- Wife of Henry VII that bore him a daughter, Mary, but not son.
5 True/False questions
Cervantes → Founder of Calvinism that had an easier break from CC. Introduced the idea of predestination. Wrote the Institutes of the Christian Religion. Created a theocracy in Geneva.
Sweden → One of the winners of the 30YW.
Don Quixote → French Calvinists
Cardinal Granvelle → English Church
Paul III → Pope who was responsible for launching the Catholic Counter-Reformation.