5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Leo X
- Defender of the Faith
- Don Quixote
- a Title given by Pope Paul III to England's Henry VIII prior to England's break from the Catholic church.
- b Pope who sold indulgences in order to build St. Peter's Cathedral in Rome (he need $)
- c One of the winners of the 30YW.
- d Lutheran that oversaw education reforms in Germany and wrote the book, On Improving the Studies of the Young.
- e A book written by Cervantes. The book was written to satirize the chivalric romances then in popular Spain.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The term used to describe the changing of the bread and wine into the Body and Blood of Christ .
- Hapsburg monarch who served as both king of Spain and HR Emperor and tried to outlaw Protestantism in the empire.
- Founder of Calvinism that had an easier break from CC. Introduced the idea of predestination. Wrote the Institutes of the Christian Religion. Created a theocracy in Geneva.
- Ananbaptists, Mennonites, Spiritualists, and Anti-Trinitarians are all what?
- English Church
5 True/False questions
Jesuits → French Calvinists
Bohemia → Portion of the HRE in which Protestants rebelled against the Austrian Hapsburgs in 1681.
Edict of Nantes → French document signed by Henry IV in 1598 which granted Huguenots some measure of religious freedom.
Cardinal Wolsey → Young court woman that Henry VII wanted to marry.
St. Bartholomew's Day Massacre → Mass slaying of Huguenots (Calvinists) in Paris of 1572. Organized by Catherine de Medici.