5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A member of the family of primates that includes humans, their ancestors, and close relatives.
- The activity of a body part.
- An ancestor shared by two or more descendant species.
- An evolutionary mechanism in which genes and traits in small populations increase in abundance over generations by chance, not because they impact an individual's ability to survive.
- A change in a gene's structure that may be passed on to future generations.
5 True/False Questions
fossil → Remains or traces of an organism turned to stone by geochemical processes.
heredity → The passing on of genetic traits from parent to offspring.
natural selection → A change in an organism that improves its ability, and the ability of its offspring, to survive in an environment.
body fossil → Remains or traces of an organism turned to stone by geochemical processes.
DNA → The molecule that encodes genetic information. It is shaped like a double helix held together by bonds between base pairs.