← Neuroanatomy Test
5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What brain structure is responsible for central executive attention control?
- What are the 3 divided areas of the frontal lobes?
- What is the anterior cingulate gyrus responsible for?
- If the medial frontal part of the lobe is affected, what is the clinical syndrome?
- If there is damage to the frontal lobes, what is the result?
- a Executive control - target detection and selection; error detection, conflict resolution
- b Bilateral Frontoparietal Regions
- c prefrontal cortex
inferior frontal cortex
posterior frontal cortex
- d - Inability to plan a sequence of complex movements needed to complete multi-stepped tasks, such as making coffee
- Loss of spontaneity in interacting with others.
- Loss of flexibility in thinking.
- Inability to focus on task
- Mood changes (emotionally labile)
- Changes in social behavior.
- Difficulty controlling behavior.
- Changes in personality.
- Difficulty with problem solving
- e apathy
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- control of bodily sensation, shape, texture, and position
- control our thoughts, emotions and actions;
- right side is involved in such things as directing attention, visual and spatial skills
- - allow a person to tell one one sound from another
- involved in short-term memory
- - occipital lobes
- stimulus dependent primary sensory area
5 True/False Questions
If the dorsolateral part of the brain is affected, what is the clinical syndrome? → disinhibition
What is declarative memory? → control of bodily sensation, shape, texture, and position
What is the LEFT side of the parietal lobe responsible for? → right side is involved in such things as directing attention, visual and spatial skills
What brain structure is responsible for semantic memory? → Medial Temporal lobe
What is the LEFT temporal lobe responsible for? → visual memory
id visual objects