5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- non adaptive traits
- homologous character
- three stages of speciation
- genetic constraints
- a gave natural explanations to natural things
- b must be inherited from common ancestor, so the traits are similar due to common ancestry but they often have different function like wings.
- c 1. isolation of populations
2. divergence of traits
3. reproductive isolation
- d traits that do not increase fitness but are present because they were in the ancestrial population or are for both genders.
- e natural selection was not able to optomize all aspects of a trait, due to genetic correlation or lack of genetic variability
5 Multiple choice questions
- it can be used to find organisms similar to humans so we can test out pharmacuticals.
- assumes that animals will undergo fewer rather than more evolutionary steps the most simple is the best answer except if we know better.
- similarity in the DNA sequences of different species
- variant forms of a gene
- generalizations that describe phenomena
5 True/False questions
Homology → the study of likeness of two individual specimens charactaristics
if most of the evolutionary mechanisms lead to a loss of genetic diversity how is it recovered? → mutation
laurasia → northern hemisphere continents
Intersubjective testability → the observation that data from independent sources agree in supporting predictions made by a theory. such as fossils supporting a hypothesis
darwins two main points were → Organisms are descended from 1 or a few common ancestors, Natural selection is the mechanism for this descent.