5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Neolithic Revolution
- Dynastic Cycle
- a A government in which power is in the hands of a single person.
- b A collection of religious beliefs that developed slowly over a long period of time. polytheistic religion
- c The historical pattern of the rise, decline, and replacement of dynasties.
- d The major change in human life caused by the beginnings of farming; people's shift from food gathering to food producing.
- e Information about earlier times, either written down, or passed from generation to generation orally.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A monotheistic religion that started with the prophet Muhammed, and spread all over the Middle East. God is known as Allah.
- The way people view things, and a predisposed opinion for or against something or someone.
- A religion that developed out of the same period of religious questioning that created Hinduism. Followers seek enlightenment. monotheistic religion
- The features of civilization are advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institiutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
- Two rivers flow from the mountains of Turkey, down to Syria and Iraq, and then to the Persian Gulf. These rivers provided the lifeblood that allowed the formation of farming settlements. This pattern would also occur along other rivers in Africa, India, and China.
5 True/False Questions
Cuneiform → A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
Judaism → A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
Code of Hammurabi → An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This reinforced the principle that government had responsibility for what occured in society.
Theocracy → A government in which power is in the hands of a single person.
Primary and Secondary Sources → A direct quote from a person who was there vs. a retelling of the events by someone who heard the story.