5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Features of a Civilization
- a A belief in a single god.
- b The features of civilization are advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institiutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
- c A system of writing with wedge shaped symbols, invented by the Sumerians around 3000 BC
- d The fact that everything that happens will have some kind of event in response.
- e The belief in many gods.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The spread of ideas, customs, and technology from one people to another. Occured through migration, trade, and warfare.
- The historical pattern of the rise, decline, and replacement of dynasties.
- A direct quote from a person who was there vs. a retelling of the events by someone who heard the story.
- A collection of religious beliefs that developed slowly over a long period of time. polytheistic religion
- A religion that developed out of the same period of religious questioning that created Hinduism. Followers seek enlightenment. monotheistic religion
5 True/False questions
Judaism → A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
Early River Valley Civilization → Two rivers flow from the mountains of Turkey, down to Syria and Iraq, and then to the Persian Gulf. These rivers provided the lifeblood that allowed the formation of farming settlements. This pattern would also occur along other rivers in Africa, India, and China.
Monarchy → A government in which power is in the hands of a single person.
Code of Hammurabi → A government in which the ruler is viewed as a divine figure; A government controlled by religious figures.
Christianity → A monothesistic religion that believes God sent down his only son to Earth to save us all from our sins.