5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Features of a Civilization
- a Information about earlier times, either written down, or passed from generation to generation orally.
- b A government in which the ruler is viewed as a divine figure; A government controlled by religious figures.
- c A monothesistic religion that believes God sent down his only son to Earth to save us all from our sins.
- d The features of civilization are advanced cities, specialized workers, complex institiutions, record keeping, and advanced technology.
- e The way people view things, and a predisposed opinion for or against something or someone.
5 Multiple choice questions
- The historical pattern of the rise, decline, and replacement of dynasties.
- A government in which power is in the hands of a single person.
- The major change in human life caused by the beginnings of farming; people's shift from food gathering to food producing.
- The fact that everything that happens will have some kind of event in response.
- A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
5 True/False questions
Islam → A monotheistic religion that started with the prophet Muhammed, and spread all over the Middle East. God is known as Allah.
Primary and Secondary Sources → A direct quote from a person who was there vs. a retelling of the events by someone who heard the story.
Monotheism → The belief in many gods.
Buddhism → A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
Code of Hammurabi → An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. This reinforced the principle that government had responsibility for what occured in society.