5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a An ancient Egyptian writing system in which pictures were used to represent ideas and sounds.
- b A belief in a single god.
- c A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
- d Information about earlier times, either written down, or passed from generation to generation orally.
- e The belief in many gods.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The way people view things, and a predisposed opinion for or against something or someone.
- A religion that developed out of the same period of religious questioning that created Hinduism. Followers seek enlightenment. monotheistic religion
- The spread of ideas, customs, and technology from one people to another. Occured through migration, trade, and warfare.
- A monothesistic religion that believes God sent down his only son to Earth to save us all from our sins.
- The major change in human life caused by the beginnings of farming; people's shift from food gathering to food producing.
5 True/False Questions
Dynastic Cycle → A government in which power is in the hands of a single person.
Early River Valley Civilization → Two rivers flow from the mountains of Turkey, down to Syria and Iraq, and then to the Persian Gulf. These rivers provided the lifeblood that allowed the formation of farming settlements. This pattern would also occur along other rivers in Africa, India, and China.
Hinduism → A monotheistic religion that had a prophet, named Moses, who led Jews to the "promise land".
Cuneiform → A system of writing with wedge shaped symbols, invented by the Sumerians around 3000 BC
Monarchy → A collection of religious beliefs that developed slowly over a long period of time. polytheistic religion