5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a Aggressively greedy or grasping.
- b Of or like a pedant.
- c Characterized by vulgar or pretentious display; designed to impress or attract notice.
- d An expert in a particular subject or field who is frequently called on to give opinions about it to the public.
- e Harmful, poisonous, or very unpleasant.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- In a state or period of inactivity or dormancy.
- A general rule intended to regulate behavior or thought.
- Render obscure, unclear, or unintelligible.
- Hatred of women by men.
- Given to begging.
5 True/False Questions
probity → An expert in a particular subject or field who is frequently called on to give opinions about it to the public.
nadir → the lowest point in the fortunes of a person or organization.
respite → A short period of rest or relief from something difficult or unpleasant.
refractory → (of an action or gesture) carried out with a minimum of effort or reflection.
salient → (of a quality or state) existing but not yet developed or manifest; hidden; concealed.