5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Attendance of Professional Nursing Organization Meeting
- LAST DAY TO WITHDRAW FROM
- 60% paper
- A minimum final course grade of 75%
- a no more than 20% of these from the course. 3 classes
- b in order to pass the course this is the grade you must get
- c 10/28/11
- d 5%
- e Discussion of Student's Philosophy of Nursing (including
the student's explicitly stated definition of nursing)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1.The student must communicate with the course faculty prior to missing the assignment or examination.
2. Unexcused, late work will not be accepted and make-up will not be allowed. Work (i.e., assignments and/or final exam) missed due to a documented extenuating circumstance (e.g., student is hospitalized, death in the immediate family) may be allowed to be made up at the discretion of the course faculty.
3. Make-up examinations for Exams 1 & 2 will not be given in this course. If a student must miss Exam 1 or 2, due to a documented extenuating circumstance, the student may be allowed to have their final exam score count for both the missed exam score and the final exam score (i.e., have the final exam score count for 55%, if exam 1 was missed, or 60%, if exam 2 was missed, of the student's final course grade); however, this will be at the discretion of the course faculty and if allowed would be for a maximum of one examination. Missing the final exam, at the scheduled time, may result in failure of the course or, in a documented extenuating circumstance and at the discretion of the course faculty, may result in an incomplete for the course and the examination being taken at a later date and time scheduled by the course faculty.
- The student has ___ after the grade for Exam 1 and for Exam 2 is posted
in BlackBoard (i.e., the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course) and ___after the grade for the Final Exam is posted in BlackBoard to review the exam with the course faculty, on an individual basis and at a scheduled time, and/or to schedule a review of the exam with the course faculty. After these times, the exam will not be reviewed.
- must be typed in APA (6th ed.) format, including the title page, body of the paper, and reference page.
- 4.If a student is late for an examination
5 True/False Questions
Exam 1 → 25%
10/19 → Exam 2
1.Use informatics to identify
2.Discuss characteristics of self-care, professionalism, accountability, and competence in becoming a professional nurse.
3.Describe nursing leadership roles.
4.Discuss the relationship of law and ethics to the practice of professional nursing.
5.Explore the relationships among nursing theory, research, and evidence-based nursing practice.
6.Examine nursing care and health care delivery systems.
7.Describe the nursing process as the critical thinking method used in the practice of professional nursing. → At the conclusion of this course the student will be able to:
11/9 → Exam 2
cannot exceed two (2) pages → the length of the body of the paper. this length excludes the title page and reference page.