5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- discussion of the student's philosophy of nursing is to include the student's definition of nursing (an existing definition can be used as long as it represents the student's own beliefs about nursing and as long as the student references the definition). The student's definition of nursing must be explicitly stated, in one to two sentences (e.g., My definition of nursing is...),
- one time prior to midterm
- Dr. Ida L. Slusher
- EKU e-mail address
- a If a student has more than 20% absences from the course, the student shall be assigned a final course grade of "F". If a student comes to class late, leaves before the end of class, takes an extended break, and/or comes to class unprepared, the student may be marked as absent for that week's class. The course faculty will keep an attendance sheet.
- b Philosophy of Nursing Paper is over
- c The course faculty will provide students with written information on his/her progress in this course by posting a grade(s) in the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course at least
- d this is the name of the teacher and her office for intro to professional nursing
- e All university communication sent via e-mail will be sent to the
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Nursing science foundation using selected concepts and constructs. Emphasis on past and current knowledge in the formulation of nursing as a basic and applied science. Application of epidemiology to nursing practice.
- Sophomore standing and minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA requirement or department approval.
- academic dishonesty
- The student has ___ after the grade for Exam 1 and for Exam 2 is posted
in BlackBoard (i.e., the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course) and ___after the grade for the Final Exam is posted in BlackBoard to review the exam with the course faculty, on an individual basis and at a scheduled time, and/or to schedule a review of the exam with the course faculty. After these times, the exam will not be reviewed.
5 True/False Questions
10/19 → Philosophy of Nursing Paper Due
cannot exceed two (2) pages → the length of the body of the paper. this length excludes the title page and reference page.
Philosophy of Nursing Paper → 15%
12/14 → Final Exam (8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.)
paper → must be typed in APA (6th ed.) format, including the title page, body of the paper, and reference page.