5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- discussion of the student's philosophy of nursing is to include the student's definition of nursing (an existing definition can be used as long as it represents the student's own beliefs about nursing and as long as the student references the definition). The student's definition of nursing must be explicitly stated, in one to two sentences (e.g., My definition of nursing is...),
- Final Exam (Comprehensive
- a Philosophy of Nursing Paper is over
- b 35%
- c Exam 2
- d Final Exam (8:00 a.m. - 10:00 a.m.)
- e no more than 20% of these from the course. 3 classes
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- If a student has more than 20% absences from the course, the student shall be assigned a final course grade of "F". If a student comes to class late, leaves before the end of class, takes an extended break, and/or comes to class unprepared, the student may be marked as absent for that week's class. The course faculty will keep an attendance sheet.
- APA format (6th ed.) & Grammar
- must be typed in APA (6th ed.) format, including the title page, body of the paper, and reference page.
- 90-100 A
less than 63 F
- these are not considered professional nursing journals and cannot be used as such
5 True/False Questions
PREREQUISITES → Sophomore standing and minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA requirement or department approval.
one time prior to midterm → The course faculty will provide students with written information on his/her progress in this course by posting a grade(s) in the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course at least
20% → Exam 2
COURSE DESCRIPTION → Sophomore standing and minimum 2.5 cumulative GPA requirement or department approval.
Signing the attendance sheet and/or answering for another student is a form of → 5%