5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- Exam 1
- 1 week, 24 hours
- grading scale
- a References
- b The student has ___ after the grade for Exam 1 and for Exam 2 is posted
in BlackBoard (i.e., the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course) and ___after the grade for the Final Exam is posted in BlackBoard to review the exam with the course faculty, on an individual basis and at a scheduled time, and/or to schedule a review of the exam with the course faculty. After these times, the exam will not be reviewed.
- c 20%
- d 90-100 A
less than 63 F
5 Multiple choice questions
- cannot be discussed via e-mail or telephone;can and will be posted in the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course
- The body of the paper should have a two to three sentence introduction section, followed by a one (1) to one and a half (1-1½) page discussion section, and then a two to three sentence summary section. The paper must include at least two (2), current (i.e., published within the last five years), professional nursing journal article references* (with content from the article incorporated and referenced within the body of the paper and referenced in the reference list).
- All university communication sent via e-mail will be sent to the
- 1.The student must communicate with the course faculty prior to missing the assignment or examination.
2. Unexcused, late work will not be accepted and make-up will not be allowed. Work (i.e., assignments and/or final exam) missed due to a documented extenuating circumstance (e.g., student is hospitalized, death in the immediate family) may be allowed to be made up at the discretion of the course faculty.
3. Make-up examinations for Exams 1 & 2 will not be given in this course. If a student must miss Exam 1 or 2, due to a documented extenuating circumstance, the student may be allowed to have their final exam score count for both the missed exam score and the final exam score (i.e., have the final exam score count for 55%, if exam 1 was missed, or 60%, if exam 2 was missed, of the student's final course grade); however, this will be at the discretion of the course faculty and if allowed would be for a maximum of one examination. Missing the final exam, at the scheduled time, may result in failure of the course or, in a documented extenuating circumstance and at the discretion of the course faculty, may result in an incomplete for the course and the examination being taken at a later date and time scheduled by the course faculty.
- the length of the body of the paper. this length excludes the title page and reference page.
5 True/False questions
the student will have the remaining time that is left to complete the examination (i.e., the student will be required to turn their examination in at the same time as the rest of the class). Their time will not be extended. No student will be allowed to begin an examination after the first student has completed the examination and turned it in to the course faculty. → 4.If a student is late for an examination
paper → cannot be discussed via e-mail or telephone;can and will be posted in the BlackBoard Grade Center for this course
Philosophy of Nursing Paper → 15%
Signing the attendance sheet and/or answering for another student is a form of → 5%
attendance → If a student has more than 20% absences from the course, the student shall be assigned a final course grade of "F". If a student comes to class late, leaves before the end of class, takes an extended break, and/or comes to class unprepared, the student may be marked as absent for that week's class. The course faculty will keep an attendance sheet.