5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Algebraic Expression
- Definition of Subtraction
- Absolute Value
- Additive Identity
- a AKA Subtracting Numbers. For all rational numbers a and b, a - b = a + (-b)
- b An expression that contains at least one variable
- c For any number a, a + 0 = a and 0 + a = a.
- d An equation that states that two ratios are equal
- e This is a number's distance from zero on a number line. Distance is always positive.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- For all rational numbers a, b, and c, if a = b, then a + c = b + c
- For any number a, 1 * a = a and a *1 = a.
- For any number a and b,
a + b= b + a
- A mathematical sentence that contains an inequality symbol.
- A set of numbers that consist of whole numbers and their opposites.
5 True/False Questions
inequalities → A mathematical sentence that contains an inequality symbol.
Associative property of addition → For any number a,b and c,
a + (b + c)= (a + b) + c
Natural Numbers → Any number that can be expressed as the ratio of two integers, a/b, where b can not equal zero.
Associative property of multiplication → For any number a and b,
a * b= b * a
Exponential notation → This is a mathematical sentence that uses an equal sign to state that two expressions represent the same number or are equivalent.