5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What is osteogenesis?
- What cells are found in mature bone?
- What is an osteocyte?
- What are the two membranes of bone?
- What are the two ends and middle of a bone called?
- a Osteocytes, Osteoblasts, Osteoprogenitor cells, and Osteoclasts
- b Star-shaped cell, most abundant in compact bone
- c Bone formation
- d Periosteum (Outer covering) and Endosteum (Innel lining)
- e Epiphyses (ends) and Diaphysis (Shaft)
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- A layer of spongy bone sandwiched between 2 layers of compact bone
- Long bones, short bones, flat bones, irregular bones, pneumatized bones, and sesamoid bone
- hollow cavity filled with yellow marrow
- 2/3 Calcium phosphate, 1/3 collagen fibers, and 2-3% of cells make up bone tissue
- Flat, short, and irregular bones
5 True/False Questions
What does osteoprogenitor cells do? → Maintain bone tissue
What is canaliculi? → Process of depositing calcium salts into tissues.
What is an osteon? → Star-shaped cell, most abundant in compact bone
What does osteoctyes do? → Maintain bone tissue
What does osteoblasts do? → responsible for bone formation, produce osteoid