5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are the two membranes of bone?
- What are the two ends and middle of a bone called?
- What is an osteocyte?
- What is the metaphysis?
- What is canaliculi?
- a Star-shaped cell, most abundant in compact bone
- b Periosteum (Outer covering) and Endosteum (Innel lining)
- c Epiphyses (ends) and Diaphysis (Shaft)
- d Microscopic canals fromed by osteocytes
- e Connecting region between the epiphyses and disphysis
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Open network of struts and plates(trabeculae)
- Divides and differentiates to form new osteoblasts
- 2/3 Calcium phosphate, 1/3 collagen fibers, and 2-3% of cells make up bone tissue
- responsible for bone formation, produce osteoid
- hollow cavity filled with yellow marrow
5 True/False Questions
What makes up the inorganic components of bone tissue? → Hydroxyapatites (mineral crysals primarily calcium phosphates)
What does osteoclasts do? → performs osteolysis (degeneration of bone)
What is diploë? → A layer of spongy bone sandwiched between 2 layers of compact bone
What is calcification? → Replacement of connective tissue into bone.
What is ossification? → Replacement of connective tissue into bone.