1. Which of the following standards organizations has established guidelines for installing network cables in commercial buildings?
4. Which layer of the OSI model is responsible for issuing acknowledgments (ACKs)?
d. Transport layer
5. Which OSI model layer is responsible for keeping open a communications path between your computer and the server when you dial in to a remote access server?
d. Session layer
6. Suppose your network is connected to another network via a router. Which OSI model layer provides the information necessary to direct data between the two networks?
a. Network layer
9. Under what circumstances would the Transport layer use segmentation?
c. When the destination node cannot accept the size of the data blocks transmitted by the source node
10. Which OSI model layer generates and detects voltage so as to transmit and receive signals carrying data?
a. Physical layer
12. If the TCP protocol did not receive an acknowledgment for data it transmitted, what would it do?
c. Retransmit the data to the recipient
13. You have just installed a new NIC in your computer and see the following stamped on it:000A5E1A8DA2. This unique identifier is an example of what kind of address?
b. MAC address
15. What is the purpose of the trailer field added to a frame in the Data Link layer?
a. To mark the end of a frame
16. What are the sublayers of the Data Link layer as defined in the IEEE 802 standards?
a. Logical Link Control sublayer and Media Access Control sublayer
18. Suppose that, at the receiving node, a frame's FCS doesn't match the FCS it was issued atthe transmitting node. What happens as a result?
b. The receiving node's Data Link layer requests a retransmission.
19. In which of the following situations would it be most desirable to use a connectionlessTransport layer protocol?
c. When viewing a movie clip on the Web