5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Rural free delivery
- "Cross of Gold Speech"
- Columbian exposition
- Hull House
- a Beginning in 1896, free delivery offered by the U.S. post office to farm families in rural areas.
- b An impassioned address by William Jennings Bryan at the 1896 Deomcratic Convention, in which he attacked the "gold bugs" who insisted that U.S. currency be backed only with gold.
- c A legal right guaranteed by the 15th amendment to the US constitution
- d Settlement home designed as a welfare agency for needy families. It provided social and educational opportunities for working class people in the neighborhood as well as improving some of the conditions caused by poverty.
- e An exposition held in Chicago in 1893 to honor the four-hundredth anniversary of Columbus's first voyage; so-called dream of loveliness; visited by over 27 million people; raised American artistic standards and promote city planning; was a revival of classical architectural forms, and a setback for realism.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 19th president of the united states, was famous for being part of the Hayes-Tilden election in which electoral votes were contested in 4 states, most corrupt election in US history
- Urban planner who designed Central Park in New York, and many other such urban green spaces
- The political orientation of those who favor progress toward better conditions in government and society
- Prominent black American, born into slavery, who believed that racism would end once blacks acquired useful labor skills and proved their economic value to society, was head of the Tuskegee Institute in 1881. His book "Up from Slavery."
- A rundown apartment house barely meeting minimal standards
5 True/False Questions
Susan B. Anthony → The social process whereby cities grow and societies become more urban
George Vanderbilt → Biltmore Estate, many jobs and lots of $ 4 AVL, brought world class artisans 2 AVL, major benefactor
Tammany Hall → The process of urban areas expanding outwards, usually in the form of suburbs, and developing over fertile agricultural land.
Boss Tweed → Transportation system designed to move large numbers of people along fixed routes
Daniel Burnham → Revived classical Greek and Roman architeculture in his designs.