5 Written questions
4 Matching questions
- geoffrey crayon
- a first novel was 'precaution' which was not good at all
- b father of american poetry
- c pseudonym used by irving in 'sketchbook'
- d beGIN... 2 syllables, 1st unaccented and 2nd accented
5 Multiple choice questions
- men of the highest ranking in literature
- novel by cooper about the europeans being more civilized than the americans
- poetry that teaches a lesson and entertains
- he was in literary wars with the Brahmins
- opposed national banks
5 True/False questions
poe → he attended UVA and was kicked out because of gambling debts
thomas jefferson and george washington → writers during the age of romanticism in england
poe → he gained infamous fame for "the raven"
about poe → wrote the first detective stories
bronte sisters and charles dickens → pseudonym used by irving in 'history of new york'