5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- jonathan swift and daniel defoe
- a pause in a line of poetry for the sake of emphasis
- b his stepfather got him into west point. he went AWOL.
- c famous for creating the "spoils system"
- d writers during the age of classicism in england
- e men of the highest ranking in literature
5 Multiple choice questions
- he wrote for southern literary messenger and was dismissed for drinking
- he was adopted by john allan of richmond VA
- "prophet!", said I, "thing of evil- prophet still, if bird or devil!"
- writers during the age of romanticism in america
- novel by cooper about the europeans being more civilized than the americans
5 True/False questions
poe → created the first american hero
bryant → supported abolitionists and the emancipation of slaves
assonance, alliteration, repetition, single effect, imagery, allusion → poes techniques of writing
the pioneers, last of the mohicans, the prairie, the pathfinder, and the deerslayer → leatherstocking tales included _______, _____________, __________, __________, and the ___________.
bryant → part owner of the new york evening post for 49 years