5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- a he saw the brahmins as the dictators of literature
- b poetry that contains a definate meter and rhyme
- c first novel was 'precaution' which was not good at all
5 Multiple choice questions
- repetition of vowel sounds
- "once upon a midnight dreary, while i pondered, weak and weary."
- father of american poetry
- opposed annexation of texas and the war with mexico
- america's 'nature poet'
5 True/False questions
bryant → "for poetry, though heavenly born, consorts with poverty and scorn."
view of death → what does Thanatopsis mean?
bryant → opposed national banks
bryant → wrote for the newspaper, the morning chronicle
assonance, alliteration, repetition, single effect, imagery, allusion → poes techniques of writing