5 Written questions
3 Matching questions
- diedrech knickerbocker
- a he was in literary wars with the Brahmins
- b created the first american hero
- c pseudonym used by irving in 'history of new york'
5 Multiple choice questions
- poetry that contains a definate meter but does not rhyme
- poes techniques of writing
- wrote 'history of new york' with pseudonym diedrich knickerbocker
- "man, by dying, becomes one with nature."
- bryant translated the iliad and the odyssey into ______________.
5 True/False questions
poe → his father abandoned his family when he was and infant. his mom died 2 years later of TB
jonathan swift and daniel defoe → pseudonym used by irving when he wrote for the 'morning chronicle'
sketchbook → bryant was known as the ______ poet
view of death → editor of the atlantic monthly... member of the brahmins
the pioneers, last of the mohicans, the prairie, the pathfinder, and the deerslayer → leatherstocking tales included _______, _____________, __________, __________, and the ___________.