5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Bill of Rights
- Ex Post Facto Law
- Articles of Confederation
- Mill's power elite
- a Weak constitution governing America starting in 1781 that was unable to levy taxes or regulate commerce. However, Congress could make peace, coin money, appoint key military officers, and run the post office.
- b a government in which a system of representation operates through competitive elections.
- c A law that makes criminal an act that was legal when it was committed.
- d First 10 Amendments to the Constitution in which basic rights are guaranteed. Was added to the Constitution before ratification in order to appease the Antifederalists.
- e Government is dominated by a few top leaders, most of whom are outside of the government. Originally included corporate leaders, top military officials, and a few government officials.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Madison's response to controlling factions through the creation of a large republic.
- Money from the national government for programs in certain general ares that the states can use at their discretion within broad guidelines set by Congress.
- Political authority given by law or by written constitution.
- The national government is supreme, but the state governments are equally supreme and thus are separate. I.E. interstate commerce vs. intrastate commerce
- Federal money for specific purposes. A more specific type of Grants in Aid. I.E. build a specific airport. Usually requires some sort of "matching" funds.
5 True/False questions
United States v. Lopez → Said that attacks against women are not, and do not substantially affect, interstate commerce. Thus voided the Violence Against Women Act.
Conditions of Aid → Federal funds provided to states for services such as airports , highways, and education.
Virginia Plan → Allows voters to place legislative measures directly on the ballot by getting enough signatures.
Power → Voters can remove an elected official from office if enough of signatures are gathered on a petition and then it is brought to a vote.
11th Amendment → Guaranteed the extension of the Bill of Rights to include state actions and not just federal.