5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the result of the Brown Report?
- the individual is uniquely suited- something you do because you are called to do it, not worried about the pay.
- What did Mildred Montag do?
- Non-nurses can join which type of organization?
- What was the effect of WW I?
- a schools went from being profitable to becoming major economic liabilities, and diploma programs began to fade
- b vocation
- c predicted battles over title. Researched nursing shortage and set up demonstration programs in community colleges causing AD programs to grow rapidly.
- d NLN (which also supports all levels of nursing education)
- e management structure of school different from that of hospital to eliminate conflict of interest
5 Multiple choice questions
- American Nurses Association (ANA)
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- Linda Richards
- 1. Graduation from approved program
2. payment of fee with periodic renewal
3. passing standardize exam (NCLEX)
4. evidence of continued competence (SOME states)
5 True/False questions
A legal credential issued by the GOVERNMENT that permits you to do something → Knights Hospitalers (fought battles & took care of sick and injured)
What did the Brown Report influence? → The protection of the public.....NOT protection of your status!
Who revived the deaconess movement & opened a small hospital for training programs? → American Association of Colleges of Nursing
What led to the development of hospitals built by religious orders? → schools went from being profitable to becoming major economic liabilities, and diploma programs began to fade
Who was the first African American "trained nurse"? → Mary Mahoney