5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What was the Crimean War significant for?
- What was the result of the Brown Report?
- Who accredits Continuing Education (CE) providers?
- What was the Nightingale Endowment Fund used for?
- Who accredits hospitals?
- a Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO)
- b publicizing what war was really like to a shocked British public
- c schools went from being profitable to becoming major economic liabilities, and diploma programs began to fade
- d the first Nightingale Training School (St. Thomas hospital in London)
- e State Boards of Nursing
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Dorothea Lynde Dix
- American Association of Colleges of Nursing
- National League for Nursing (NLN)
- management structure of school different from that of hospital to eliminate conflict of interest
- education money from GI bill, demand for capable workers, and social pressure.
5 True/False Questions
What was life like in early diploma programs? → New England Hospital
Who is responsible for regulating nursing? → THE STATE
How did the Great Depression effect nursing? → A demand for technically capable workers in new industries, GI bill, and a nursing shortage influenced by the baby boom.
What emerged during World War II? → management structure of school different from that of hospital to eliminate conflict of interest
The Crusades led to the development of what? → Establish Board, Defines nursing, gives power to grant licenses, gives power to approve nursing programs, gives power to deny or revoke licenses and to discipline nurses