5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- positive feedback loop
- nucleic acid
- a Rather than stabilizing a system, they drive it further toward an extreme. E.g. Can occur with the process of erosion, the removal of soil by water or wind.
- b Encompasses all water, salt or fresh, liquid, ice or vapor in the surface bodies, underground, and in the atmosphere
- c Contain only carbon and hydrogen, Make up fossil fuels,
The simplest hydrocarbon is methane (natural gas),
Can be a gas, liquid, or solid
- d Directs the production of proteins
- e The basic unit of life's organization
5 Multiple choice questions
- Tiny animals that consume phytoplankton
- All organisms and non-living entities occurring and interacting in a particular area. Animals, plants, water, soil, nutrients, etc.
- Potential energy held in the bonds between atoms. Potential energy is changed into kinetic energy to produce motion, action, and heat.
- Study the loss, protection, and restoration of biodiversity
Humans are dividing habitat into small, isolated patches.
Corridors of habitat can link patches.
- Energy can change forms, but cannot be created or destroyed
5 True/False questions
lithosphere → Contains the rock sediment beneath our feet, in the planet's uppermost layers
phytoplankton → Microscopic photosynthetic algae, protists, and cyanobacteria that drift near the surface
ions → Electrically charged atoms
patches → Ecosystems, communities, or habitat form the landscape and are distributed in complex patterns (a mosaic)
productivity → Rate at which autotrophs convert energy to biomass