5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- half life
- a contain a membrane-enclosed nucleus and various organelles that perform specific functions
Plants, animals, fungi, protists
- b Elements and compounds that organisms consume and require for survival. Stimulate plant production
Lack of nutrients can limit production.
Nitrogen and phosphorus are important for plant and algal growth.
- c Positively charged particles
- d The amount of time it takes for one-half of the atoms to give off radiation and decay
- e Long chains of organic molecules called amino acids
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Atoms with differing numbers of neutrons
- Energy of position
- Organisms that gain energy by feeding on others.Animals, fungi, microbes A.K.A Consumers
- Organic compounds that combine to form long chains of repeated molecules, building blocks of life
- Simple carbohydrates, 3-7 carbons long. Glucose: provides energy for cells
5 True/False Questions
second law of thermodynamics → Energy can change forms, but cannot be created or destroyed
atmosphere → Is composed of the air surrounding our planet
pools → Where nutrients remain for varying amounts of time
feedback loop → Rather than stabilizing a system, they drive it further toward an extreme. E.g. Can occur with the process of erosion, the removal of soil by water or wind.
acidic → Solutions have a pH less than 7.