5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- conservation biologist
- negative feedback loop
- a Organic compounds that combine to form long chains of repeated molecules, building blocks of life
- b Particles lacking electric charge
- c Study the loss, protection, and restoration of biodiversity
Humans are dividing habitat into small, isolated patches.
Corridors of habitat can link patches.
- d All material in the universe that has mass and occupies space
- e Output that results from a system moving in one direction acts as input that moves the system in the other direction. Input/Output neutralize each others effects, stabilizing the system
5 Multiple choice questions
- Produce their own food from the sun's energy. Green plants, algae, and cyanobacteria. A.K.A Producers
- An increasing state of disorder. For example, burning a log of firewood transforms the log from a highly organized product into light and heat energy, gases, smoke, and carbon ash.
- The amount of time it takes for one-half of the atoms to give off radiation and decay
- Encompasses all water, salt or fresh, liquid, ice or vapor in the surface bodies, underground, and in the atmosphere
- Atoms of carbon, hydrogen, and oxygen
5 True/False questions
potential energy → Energy of position
landscape ecology → Potential energy held in the bonds between atoms. Potential energy is changed into kinetic energy to produce motion, action, and heat.
net primary production → Energy remaining after respiration, used to generate biomass. Available for heterotrophs
zooplankton → No chemical bonding, but is a mixture of substances (i.e., blood, ocean water)
molecules → Proteins, nucleic acid and carbohydrates, lipids are not polymers but are also essential to life, they are all large in size