5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- feedback loop
- a Particles lacking electric charge
- b Contains the rock sediment beneath our feet, in the planet's uppermost layers
- c Water moves from aquatic and land systems to air
- d A system's output can serve as input to that same system, a circular process.
- e The smallest components that maintain the chemical properties of the element
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Condensation of water vapor as rain or snow returns water from the air to Earth's surface
- The nature of energy changes from a more-ordered to a less-ordered state if no force counteracts this tendency
- Is a network or relationships among components that interact with and influence one another through the exchange of energy, matter or information
- Describes the routes that carbon atoms take through the environment
- Positively charged particles
5 True/False Questions
nutrients → Particles lacking electric charge
negative feedback loop → Output that results from a system moving in one direction acts as input that moves the system in the other direction. Input/Output neutralize each others effects, stabilizing the system
compound → Positively charged particles
zooplankton → Tiny animals that consume phytoplankton
conservation biologist → Study the loss, protection, and restoration of biodiversity
Humans are dividing habitat into small, isolated patches.
Corridors of habitat can link patches.