5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- gross primary production
- chemical energy
- a Used by plants to store energy, Animals eat plants to acquire it
- b The basic unit of life's organization
- c Assimilation of energy by autotrophs
- d Potential energy held in the bonds between atoms. Potential energy is changed into kinetic energy to produce motion, action, and heat.
- e Solutions have a pH of 7 (i.e., pure water).
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- The process of turning light energy from the sun into chemical energy Carbon dioxide + water + sun's energy is converted into sugars and high-quality energy.
Low-quality energy is turned into high-quality energy.
- Rate at which autotrophs convert energy to biomass
- The movement of nutrients through ecosystems
- Produce their own food from the sun's energy. Green plants, algae, and cyanobacteria. A.K.A Producers
- The nature of energy changes from a more-ordered to a less-ordered state if no force counteracts this tendency
5 True/False Questions
precipitation → Release of water vapor by plants
law of conservation of matter → Matter may be transformed from one type of substance into others, but it cannot be created or destroyed
biosphere → Consists of all the planet's living organisms and the abiotic (nonliving) portions of the environment with which they interact.
atoms → The smallest components that maintain the chemical properties of the element
conservation biologist → The study of how landscape structure affects the abundance, distribution, and interaction of organisms