5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- half life
- atomic number
- a The amount of time it takes for one-half of the atoms to give off radiation and decay
- b Ecosystems, communities, or habitat form the landscape and are distributed in complex patterns (a mosaic)
- c Microscopic photosynthetic algae, protists, and cyanobacteria that drift near the surface
- d Elements and compounds that organisms consume and require for survival. Stimulate plant production
Lack of nutrients can limit production.
Nitrogen and phosphorus are important for plant and algal growth.
- e Atoms of each element that have a defined number of protons
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Regions of DNA that code for proteins that perform certain functions
- Simple carbohydrates, 3-7 carbons long. Glucose: provides energy for cells
- Release of water vapor by plants
- A atom's nucleus is surrounded by negatively charged particles
- Electrically charged atoms
5 True/False Questions
hydrosphere → Consists of all the planet's living organisms and the abiotic (nonliving) portions of the environment with which they interact.
chloroplasts → Atoms with differing numbers of neutrons
neutrons → A atom's nucleus is surrounded by negatively charged particles
macromolecules → Transitional zones between two ecosystems in which elements of each ecosystem mix
enzymes → Organic compounds that combine to form long chains of repeated molecules, building blocks of life