5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Caste System
- Gupta Decline
- Vedic Era
- a A chieftain of the Aryan people who was assisted by a council of elders composed of other leading members of the tribe. Normally a member of the warrior class.
- b (c. Middle of the 6th cent.) Loss of territory. Internal rebellion. External invasions from the Hun.
- c A period in history during which the Vedas, the oldest scriptures of Hinduism, were composed.
- d Merchant class. "twice-born". Hunt in return for corn from the king.
- e A hereditary system of social stratification.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Founded by Siddhartha Gautama. Consists of finding the middle way and the realization of the four noble truths and the eight-fold path. Ultimate goal is to achieve Nirvana.
- Enlightened one(Buddhism)
- Tallest mountains in the world. Boarder Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan.
- Established c 1000 BCE. aka the caste system. Aryan society's rigid social class system. No( extremely limited) Social mobility.
- (599-527 BCE0 Last tirthankara. Born Vardhaman. Became an ascetic after the death of his parents.Attained enlightenment after 12.5 yrs of fasting and meditation. Achieved Moksha and nirvana. Name translates to "great hero"
5 True/False Questions
Ganges River → (East) Classical Indian river. Location where the Dravidians were invaded by the Aryans
Alexander the Great → A period in history during which the Vedas, the oldest scriptures of Hinduism, were composed.
Jainism → Tribal Unit. Ruled over by a Raja.
Jana-Pada → National Kingdoms. Power force in Indian Society(heritage and culture).
Asoka Maurya → The Aryan Warrior class. Descendant from the ruling warrior class. conquered other families.