6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- long nerve fiber that conducts away from the cell body of the neuron
- The plasma membrane of the axon
- distal tips of axon; stores and release neurotransmitters that passes info over to next neuron
- the bushy, branching extensions of a neuron that receive messages and conduct impulses toward the cell body
- The dendritic branches that allow neurons to communicate with multiple cells at once.
- brain and spinal cord
5 True/False Questions
viscera → Neurons with two cytoplasmic extensions (one serves as axon and the other as dendrite) are classified as ~ and are found in the retina, nasal cavity, and inner ear.
axon hillock → The plasma membrane of the axon
somatic nervous system → nerves that control involuntary body functions of muscles, glands, and internal organs
multipolar → Neurons with only one cytoplasmic process attached to the cell body are classified as ~ and are the most common type of sensory neuron.
unipolar → Neurons with only one cytoplasmic process attached to the cell body are classified as ~ and are the most common type of sensory neuron.