6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- distal tips of axon; stores and release neurotransmitters that passes info over to next neuron
- the division of the peripheral nervous system that controls the body's skeletal muscles. Also called the skeletal nervous system
- CNS neurons that internally communicate and intervene b/w sensory inputs and motor outputs
- The plasma membrane of the axon
- nerves that control involuntary body functions of muscles, glands, and internal organs
- the bushy, branching extensions of a neuron that receive messages and conduct impulses toward the cell body
5 True/False questions
efferent, away → Motor division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ from the CNS
collateral branches → The dendritic branches that allow neurons to communicate with multiple cells at once.
Nissl bodies → Another name for ER
axon → long nerve fiber that conducts away from the cell body of the neuron
bipolar → Neurons with two cytoplasmic extensions (one serves as axon and the other as dendrite) are classified as ~ and are found in the retina, nasal cavity, and inner ear.