6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- nerves that control involuntary body functions of muscles, glands, and internal organs
- specialized region of the axon, which connects the inital segment of the axon to the cell body
- Neurons with only one cytoplasmic process attached to the cell body are classified as ~ and are the most common type of sensory neuron.
- distal tips of axon; stores and release neurotransmitters that passes info over to next neuron
- brain and spinal cord
- The dendritic branches that allow neurons to communicate with multiple cells at once.
5 True/False questions
efferent, away → Motor division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ from the CNS
interneurons → CNS neurons that internally communicate and intervene b/w sensory inputs and motor outputs
afferent, towards → Sensory division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ the CNS
multipolar → Neurons with 3+ processes are classified as ~
dendrite → Neurons with two cytoplasmic extensions (one serves as axon and the other as dendrite) are classified as ~ and are found in the retina, nasal cavity, and inner ear.