6 Written Questions
6 Multiple Choice Questions
- long nerve fiber that conducts away from the cell body of the neuron
- Neurons with two cytoplasmic extensions (one serves as axon and the other as dendrite) are classified as ~ and are found in the retina, nasal cavity, and inner ear.
- Another name for ER
- the bushy, branching extensions of a neuron that receive messages and conduct impulses toward the cell body
- distal tips of axon; stores and release neurotransmitters that passes info over to next neuron
- nerves that control involuntary body functions of muscles, glands, and internal organs
5 True/False Questions
somatic nervous system → the division of the peripheral nervous system that controls the body's skeletal muscles. Also called the skeletal nervous system
afferent, towards → Sensory division neurons are ~ and conduct action potentials ~ the CNS
multipolar → Neurons with only one cytoplasmic process attached to the cell body are classified as ~ and are the most common type of sensory neuron.
axon hillock → specialized region of the axon, which connects the inital segment of the axon to the cell body
viscera → The plasma membrane of the axon