5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- In the black
- Non interactive webcasting
- Other advances
- a Artists & Repertoire department in charge of finding talent
- b am/fm radio
- c person who signs a license. combolation albums.
- d artist sells enough albums to be recouped
- e recording costs, video production, etc.
5 Multiple choice questions
- label gets 65-70 cents per downlaod & artist gets their royalty (EX: 10% 7 cents)
- 85% of us
- rock band 100K to 250K, urban/hip hop/pop advance & recording cost
- sales less than 100,000, had a record deal but lsot it, never had a record deal
- one million in sales in the us
5 True/False questions
Divisions of Major Label → artist less likely to have control, large royalty to label, slow decision making, artist ideas less likely to be heard
ovveride → any kind of delivery of music for consumer use
product managment → gets all departments to work together to push an artits album. coordination.
All In Royalties → artist is responsible for paying producer and miser out of his record royalties
royalty calculations → percentage of wholesale and percentage is a point