5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- In the black
- product managment
- DPD's-digital downloads royalties
- recording funds for new artist-Independant
- a label gets 65-70 cents per downlaod & artist gets their royalty (EX: 10% 7 cents)
- b artist sells enough albums to be recouped
- c 0-250K for independant/ avg. 25 to 100K
- d gets all departments to work together to push an artits album. coordination.
- e 18% to 20% of wholesale
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- person who signs a license. combolation albums.
- sum of money pd to an artist by the record label.
- compute and pay royalties, track labels income and expense
- dot or star next to a records number on a major trade
- 1 million plus
5 True/False Questions
A&R? → sum of money pd to an artist by the record label.
new artist → buy from distributors and sell to mom & pop
midlevel royalties → 3 to 4% of wholesale
mid level artist → album sales 250K-500K, new artist being chased
escalations → main purpose is getting the reocrd lables artist played on the radio. may also work with vidoe play