5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What are reserves?
- 90% net sales
- cross collateralization
- a process of cutting out the undesired parts & splicing in the desired parts
- b % of royalties held back for possible returned records
- c person who signs a license. combolation albums.
- d 10% for breakage
- e clause that allows a record label to take artist royalties earned from oen album and apply them to any recoupable advances or cost incurred
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Artists & Repertoire department in charge of finding talent
- twice a year
- Oversees the retail aspect. works with stores to get new albums on store shelves
- distrubtion can be an issue, smaller staff, less radio play influence
- getting the correct level for each track
5 True/False Questions
Advances → sum of money pd to an artist by the record label.
Free goods → buy from distributors and sell to mom & pop
Finance department → compute and pay royalties, track labels income and expense
top producers → sam phillips, rick rubin, brian eno, george martin
sideperson performance → back up vocals, label gets credit,