5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Finance department
- What are reserves?
- cross collateralization
- Major terrotires royalties
- business affairs
- a contracts, negotiates, makes decisions
- b % of royalties held back for possible returned records
- c compute and pay royalties, track labels income and expense
- d clause that allows a record label to take artist royalties earned from oen album and apply them to any recoupable advances or cost incurred
- e UK, Australia, Italy, Japan, Holland, Germany, France 70-75%
5 Multiple choice questions
- label gets 65-70 cents per downlaod & artist gets their royalty (EX: 10% 7 cents)
- consultation-label will disucss with artist. Approval-artist must approve. right to create-artist can create their own artwork.
- agreement where artist or company hires another compay to manufacture records and distribute them.
- responsible for dealing with the newer aspects of the industry
- main purpose is getting the reocrd lables artist played on the radio. may also work with vidoe play
5 True/False questions
Marketing → equalizing adjusting the bass, midrange & treble to suitable levle
new artist → sales less than 100,000, had a record deal but lsot it, never had a record deal
multi track → collection of separate tracks
Pros to major label → distrubution, large staff, radio play
wholesale distributor? → buy from manufacturing co. & sell to reatil stores.