5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dramatic Perspective
- a harsh, inharmonious, or discordant sounds.
- b repetition of a consonant sound in any position.
- c an expression in a given language that cannot be understood from the literal meaning of the words in the expression; or, a regional speech or dialect.
- d teller presents just the facts.
- e a philosophy that focuses on the individual human being's experience of, recognition of, and triumph over the meaningless of existence. Jean Paul Sartre promoted the idea that humans are born into a moral and metaphysical void. People are responsible for shaping their own existence
5 Multiple choice questions
- A type of novel characterized by mystery, horror and the supernatural, often with haunted castles. Secret passage ways, ghosts, etc.
- the implied or associative meaning of a word.
- a sentence expressing strong feeling, usually punctuated with an exclamation mark
- the omission of a word or phrase which is grammatically necessary but can be deduced from the context. (Some people prefer cats; others, dogs.)
- writing that is the product of the author's imagination, an invention rather than actual history or fact
5 True/False questions
Epilogue → : conversation between two or more people.
Convention → the implied or associative meaning of a word.
Lyric Poetry → characterized by emotion, subjectivity, and imagination; song-like
Malapropism → the mistaken substitution of one word for another word that sounds similar ("The doctor wrote a subscription").
Idyllic → a long narrative poem written in elevated style which presents the adventures of characters of high position and episodes that are important to the history of a race or nation.