5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a the specialized language or vocabulary of a particular group or profession
- b writing that is the product of the author's imagination, an invention rather than actual history or fact
- c repetition of a consonant sound in any position.
- d a narrative handed down from the past, containing historical elements and usually supernatural elements.
- e excessive appeal to the emotions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a moment of sudden revelation or insight.
- the basic unit of rhythmic measurement in a line of poetry
- a story that concerns an unreal world or contains unreal characters; a fantasy may be merely whimsical, or it may present a serious point.
- mysterious double.
- a brief story that leads to a moral, often using animals as characters.
5 True/False Questions
Hyperbole → a brief story that leads to a moral, often using animals as characters.
Epigram → a saying or statement on the title page of a work, or used as a heading for a chapter or other section of work
Couplet → the struggle between opposing forces. A conflict can be an internal struggle within a character, or external struggle brought on by something outside the character
Denotation → the implied or associative meaning of a word.
Gothic Novel → the protagonist's intimate. Male: "confidant"; female "confidante"