5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Dramatic Perspective
- a teller presents just the facts.
- b an interjection to lend emphasis; sometimes, a profanity
- c The patterned repetition of stressed and unstressed syllables
- d a character's incentive or reason fir behaving in a certain manner; that which impels a character to act
- e harsh, inharmonious, or discordant sounds.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a long narrative poem written in elevated style which presents the adventures of characters of high position and episodes that are important to the history of a race or nation.
- characterized by emotion, subjectivity, and imagination; song-like
- the struggle between opposing forces. A conflict can be an internal struggle within a character, or external struggle brought on by something outside the character
- substituting the name of one object for another object closely associated with it ("The pen [writing] is mightier than the sword [war/fighting]")
- a sensory detail.
5 True/False Questions
Idyllic → an adjective to describe a description of a picturesque country life, an idealized story of happy innocence. Also referred to as Pastoral.
Connotation → : the literal meaning of a word.
Exclamatory Sentence → repetition of a consonant sound in any position.
Epithet → an inscription on a tombstone or burial place.
Mood → : a standard theme, element, or dramatic situation that recurs in various works