5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Dramatic Perspective
- Cosmic Irony
- Free Verse
- a the emotional atmosphere of a work
- b poetry with no regular rhyme or rhythm.
- c the specialized language or vocabulary of a particular group or profession
- d teller presents just the facts.
- e the "greater forces" are indifferent to or ineffective in the human condition
5 Multiple choice questions
- resolution, outcome replicating thought.
- a sentence expressing strong feeling, usually punctuated with an exclamation mark
- intentional exaggeration to create an effect.
- a narrator who presents the story as it is seen and understood by a single character and restricts information to what is seen, heard, thought, or felt by that one character.
- soft, pleasing sounds. The opposite of cacophony.
5 True/False questions
Epic → a major category or type of literature.
Elegy → a formal poem presenting a meditation on death or another solemn theme. A dirge is a similar term that is a funeral song of lamentation
Interior Monologue → : conversation between two or more people.
Epigram → a saying or statement on the title page of a work, or used as a heading for a chapter or other section of work
Metaphor → soft, pleasing sounds. The opposite of cacophony.