5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Heroic Couplet
- Gothic Novel
- a excessive pride or arrogance that results in the downfall of the protagonist of a tragedy.
- b A type of novel characterized by mystery, horror and the supernatural, often with haunted castles. Secret passage ways, ghosts, etc.
- c the specialized language or vocabulary of a particular group or profession
- d two rhymed lines in iambic pentameter that are a complete thought.
- e intentional exaggeration to create an effect.
5 Multiple choice questions
- the insertion of an earlier event into the normal chronological order of a narrative.
- the accepted form or style
- crude, often obscene literary genre.
- a particular type of interior monologue, is an attempt to represent the inner workings of a character's mind, to re-create the continuous, chaotic flow of half-formed and discontinuous thoughts, memories, sense impressions, random associations, images, feelings, and reflections that constitute a character's consciousness
- : a standard theme, element, or dramatic situation that recurs in various works
5 True/False questions
Verbal Irony → what is said and what is meant
Lyric Poetry → characterized by emotion, subjectivity, and imagination; song-like
Conflict → the struggle between opposing forces. A conflict can be an internal struggle within a character, or external struggle brought on by something outside the character
Figurative Language → language employing one or more figures of speech. (simile, metaphor, imagery, etc.)
Malapropism → an indirect, less offensive way of saying something that is considered unpleasant.