5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- King of France at the beginning of French Revolution; Weak: married to Marie Antoinette; lacked ability to make decisions
- A palace built by Louis XIV outside of Paris; it was home to Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette
- a machine for beheading people, used as a means of execution during the French Revolution.
- Spending more money than you have-debt
- The famous prison whose storming is often marked as the beginning of the French Revolution
5 True/False questions
Reign of Terror → the historic period (1793-94) during the French Revolution when thousands were executed
First Estate → Bourgeoisie- peasants-owned very little land- paid all the taxes.
Bourgeoisie → educated, middle class of France; provided force behind the Revolution.
Second Estate → nobles- royalty-wealth- owned much land. Paid no taxes
economic problems → deficit spending, spending to much on wars, the palace of Versailles, bad harvests, inflation