← French Revolution Test
5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a machine for beheading people, used as a means of execution during the French Revolution.
- Bourgeoisie- peasants-owned very little land- paid all the taxes.
- clergy- The church people- priests- bishops-owned much land. Payed no taxes
- nobles and others who left France during peasant uprisings and who hoped to come back to the old system
- The famous prison whose storming is often marked as the beginning of the French Revolution
5 True/False Questions
economic problems → French general who became emperor of the French (1769-1821)
Loius XVI → King of France at the beginning of French Revolution; Weak: married to Marie Antoinette; lacked ability to make decisions
Second Estate → nobles- royalty-wealth- owned much land. Paid no taxes
Bourgeoisie → a machine for beheading people, used as a means of execution during the French Revolution.
Enlightenment → a new intellectual movement that stressed reason and thought and the power of individuals to solve problems