5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- French general who became emperor of the French (1769-1821)
- The famous prison whose storming is often marked as the beginning of the French Revolution
- a new intellectual movement that stressed reason and thought and the power of individuals to solve problems
- deficit spending, spending to much on wars, the palace of Versailles, bad harvests, inflation
- clergy- The church people- priests- bishops-owned much land. Payed no taxes
5 True/False questions
Reign of Terror → A change in ways of thinking and behaving The overthrow of a government by those who are governed.
deficit spending → Spending more money than you have-debt
Third Estate → Bourgeoisie- peasants-owned very little land- paid all the taxes.
Versailles → The famous prison whose storming is often marked as the beginning of the French Revolution
emigre → nobles and others who left France during peasant uprisings and who hoped to come back to the old system