5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Bourgeoisie- peasants-owned very little land- paid all the taxes.
- clergy- The church people- priests- bishops-owned much land. Payed no taxes
- Spending more money than you have-debt
- the historic period (1793-94) during the French Revolution when thousands were executed
- The famous prison whose storming is often marked as the beginning of the French Revolution
5 True/False Questions
Guillotine → a machine for beheading people, used as a means of execution during the French Revolution.
economic problems → nobles and others who left France during peasant uprisings and who hoped to come back to the old system
emigre → nobles and others who left France during peasant uprisings and who hoped to come back to the old system
Bourgeoisie → educated, middle class of France; provided force behind the Revolution.
Napoleon → French general who became emperor of the French (1769-1821)