5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- bake bread in the lord's ovens
- a A particularly violent group of these barbarians were known as the 'berserkers'
- b These people rented land from the lord and could leave the manor
- c Men who took vows of obedience, poverty, chastity; they lived together away from worldly temptations (plural)
- d First privilege that a villein was allowed (in alphabetical order and 6 terms)
- e A person who has learned his trade
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 2nd reason why feudalism declined (in alphabetical order and 4 terms)
- One who was in charge of the cultivation of the land
- Most of their songs dealt with love between knights and ladies etc.
- Third privilege that a villein was allowed (in alphabetical order and 8 terms)
- The Middle Ages lasted from___________AD
5 True/False Questions
angles → The name of England came from this barbarian group's name
people wanted to be part of a nation, not a manor → 3rd way that a villein could become free (in alphabetical order and 8 terms)
political economic → Ladies of the castle who supervised the upbringing of their children, made medicines, tended to the poor etc.
agriculture → The foundation of medieval society; 'it' employed the majority of the population
noblewomen → These people rented land from the lord and could leave the manor