5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Exponential Growth
- a ______________ consists of the living and non-living things in an area that interact with one another
- b A ___________ is a region that has a particular climate and contains certain types of plants and animals.
- c About three fourths of all fish caught in the U.S. each year spent part of their lives in ____________.
- d When a population has access to ample food, living space, and other resources, it will grow very quickly in a pattern called ________________.
- e ___________ means "tending to fall off during a particular season."
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Any non-living part of the ecosystem, such as water, minerals, sunlight, air, or soil,is an _______________.
- All the populations living in an area make up a ___________.
- An ____________ is the part of a river where fresh water meets the sea and is affected by the tides.
- When one organism benefits but does not harm the other, the relationship is called ______________ (one is happy, and the other doesn't care).
- A __________ is a small, shallow body of fresh water. Because they are shallow, sunlight can usually penetrate all the way to the bottom.
5 True/False Questions
Biotic factor → Any living thing that is a part of an ecosystem is a __________.
Biotic Potential → The highest rate of reproduction under ideal conditions is a population's ________________.
Wetlands → Earth's biomes include, taigas, _________, deserts, grasslands, rain forests, and deciduous forests.
Humus → A material in soil formed by the breakdown of plant and animal remains.
Bio → What root word means "living"?