5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a A material in soil formed by the breakdown of plant and animal remains.
- b An attempt by organisms to obtain a resource that is available in limited supply.
- c The living things in an area are parts of special systems called ___________.
- d An ____________ is the part of a river where fresh water meets the sea and is affected by the tides.
- e Each species has a different _________, or role in the community.
5 Multiple choice questions
- When a population has access to ample food, living space, and other resources, it will grow very quickly in a pattern called ________________.
- Both organisms benefit in _______________. This is a positive form of symbiosis because the relationship benefits both species.
- The study of organisms and how they interact in an ecosystem.
- A ___________ is a region that has a particular climate and contains certain types of plants and animals.
- The highest rate of reproduction under ideal conditions is a population's ________________.
5 True/False questions
Tundras → Earth's biomes include, taigas, _________, deserts, grasslands, rain forests, and deciduous forests.
Carrying Capacity → An environmental factor that limits how large a population can grow.
Wetlands → __________ are areas in which water is near the surface of the soil most of the time.
Climate → ___________ is a cool forest of cone-bearing evergreen trees.
Parasitism → In an ecosystem, all the organisms of one species make up a ____________.