5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a ________________ is a relationship in which an organism of one species benefits at the expense of another organism of another species (one is happy and one is sad).
- b A relationship between two kinds of organisms that lasts over time is called _____________.
- c ______________ consists of the living and non-living things in an area that interact with one another
- d The study of organisms and how they interact in an ecosystem.
- e ___________ is a cool forest of cone-bearing evergreen trees.
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Any non-living part of the ecosystem, such as water, minerals, sunlight, air, or soil,is an _______________.
- An attempt by organisms to obtain a resource that is available in limited supply.
- What root word means "living"?
- When a population has access to ample food, living space, and other resources, it will grow very quickly in a pattern called ________________.
- An ____________ is the part of a river where fresh water meets the sea and is affected by the tides.
5 True/False Questions
Humus → Each species has a different _________, or role in the community.
Community → All the populations living in an area make up a ___________.
Carrying Capacity → An environmental factor that limits how large a population can grow.
Niche → A ___________ is a region that has a particular climate and contains certain types of plants and animals.
Ecosystems → The living things in an area are parts of special systems called ___________.