5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- search warrant
- Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations (RICO) Act
- Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA)
- a judicial authorization for a search of property
- b federal law that makes it a felony to influence decision makers in other countries for the purpose of obtaining business
- c illegal demand by a public officer acting with apparent authority.
- d criminal offense that is punishable by confinement in prison for more than one year or by death
- e federal law, initially targeting organized crime, provides penalties and civil recovery for multiple criminal offenses, or a pattern of racketeering
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- the U.S. constitutional amendment that guarantees a speedy trial.
- qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
- violation of the law that is punished as an offense against the state or government
- federal law that makes it a felony to copy, download, transmit, material from a computer to an unauthorized person
- warnings required to prevent self-incrimination in a criminal matter
5 True/False Questions
facilitation payments → (grease payments) legal payments to speed up/ensure performance of normal government duties
due process → the constitutional right to be heard, question witnesses, and present evidence
White-Collar Crime Penalty Enhancement Act of 2002 → federal reforms passed as a result of the collapses of companies, provides for longer sentences and higher fines for both executives and companies
Fourth Amendment → constitutional protection against self-incrimination; also guarantees due process
computer crimes → wrongs committed using a computer or with knowledge of computers.