5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Fifth Amendment
- predicate act
- a crime of issuing or delivering a forged instrument to another person
- b qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
- c extortion demands made by a nonpublic official
- d constitutional protection against self-incrimination; also guarantees due process
- e fraudulently making or altering an instrument that apparently creates or alters a legal liability of another
5 Multiple choice questions
- federal law, initially targeting organized crime, provides penalties and civil recovery for multiple criminal offenses, or a pattern of racketeering
- criminal offense that is punishable by confinement in prison for more than one year or by death
- agreement between two or more persons to commit an unlawful act.
- federal law that makes it a felony to copy, download, transmit, material from a computer to an unauthorized person
- wrongs committed using a computer or with knowledge of computers.
5 True/False questions
Federal Sentencing Guidelines → (facilitation payments) legal payments to speed up or ensure performance of normal government duties
misdemeanor → statutory offense consisting of the unlawful conversion of property entrusted to the wrongdoer.
Miranda warnings → warnings required to prevent self-incrimination in a criminal matter
search warrant → judicial authorization for a search of property
Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) → federal law that makes it a felony to influence decision makers in other countries for the purpose of obtaining business