5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Federal Sentencing Guidelines
- search warrant
- Miranda warnings
- predicate act
- a qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
- b federal standards used by judges in determining mandatory sentence terms for those convicted of federal crimes
- c fraudulently making or altering an instrument that apparently creates or alters a legal liability of another
- d judicial authorization for a search of property
- e warnings required to prevent self-incrimination in a criminal matter
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- wrongs committed using a computer or with knowledge of computers.
- criminal offense that is punishable by confinement in prison for more than one year or by death
- constitutional protection against self-incrimination; also guarantees due process
- federal law that makes it a felony to influence decision makers in other countries for the purpose of obtaining business
- illegal demand by a public officer acting with apparent authority.
5 True/False Questions
Economic Espionage Act (EEA) → federal law that makes it a felony to copy, download, transmit, material from a computer to an unauthorized person
conspiracy → agreement between two or more persons to commit an unlawful act.
due process → criminal offense that is punishable by confinement in prison for more than one year or by death
White-Collar Crime Penalty Enhancement Act of 2002 → federal reforms passed as a result of the collapses of companies, provides for longer sentences and higher fines for both executives and companies
crime → violation of the law that is punished as an offense against the state or government