5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Sixth Amendment
- grease payments
- White-Collar Crime Penalty Enhancement Act of 2002
- facilitation payments
- a (grease payments) legal payments to speed up/ensure performance of normal government duties
- b federal reforms passed as a result of the collapses of companies, provides for longer sentences and higher fines for both executives and companies
- c criminal offense that is punishable by confinement in prison for more than one year or by death
- d (facilitation payments) legal payments to speed up or ensure performance of normal government duties
- e the U.S. constitutional amendment that guarantees a speedy trial.
5 Multiple choice questions
- federal law, initially targeting organized crime, provides penalties and civil recovery for multiple criminal offenses, or a pattern of racketeering
- wrongs committed using a computer or with knowledge of computers.
- illegal demand by a public officer acting with apparent authority.
- criminal offense with a sentence of less than one year that is neither treason nor a felony
- extortion demands made by a nonpublic official
5 True/False questions
search warrant → (facilitation payments) legal payments to speed up or ensure performance of normal government duties
due process → violation of the law that is punished as an offense against the state or government
predicate act → qualifying underlying offense for RICO liability
crime → fraudulently making or altering an instrument that apparently creates or alters a legal liability of another
embezzlement → statutory offense consisting of the unlawful conversion of property entrusted to the wrongdoer.