5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- How many councils have there been overall?
- What does theotokos mean?
- What was declared at the Council of Chalcedon and who called it?
- Who were the 5 Greek church fathers?
- Who called the council of Nicaea?
- a 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
- b Mother of God (Greek)
- c It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
- d 21
- e Constantine
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Mary was the mother of God
- St. Ambrose
5 True/False Questions
Title given to those whose development of theology and personal sanctity are exemplary → Doctor of the Church
Who were the 5 Latin church fathers? → 1. St. Ambrose of Milan
2. St. Augustine of Hippo
3. Pope St. Gregory the Great
4. St. Jerome
5. St. Hilary of Poitiers
Later than Apostolic Fathers but still in the early church → Arian heresy
What was the first council called and when was it called? → Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
What did most early heresies have to deal with? → The person of Christ