5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Who were the 5 Latin church fathers?
- What were the two centers of learning during the early church?
- What was declared at the Council of Chalcedon and who called it?
- What freedoms did Christians have after the persecutions ended?
- Title given to those whose development of theology and personal sanctity are exemplary
- a 1. They were free to speak about their faith
2. They could travel for ecumenical councils
- b It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
- c 1. St. Ambrose of Milan
2. St. Augustine of Hippo
3. Pope St. Gregory the Great
4. St. Jerome
5. St. Hilary of Poitiers
- d Doctor of the Church
- e Alexandria and Antioch
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
- Mother of God (Greek)
- Arian heresy
5 True/False Questions
During the 4th and 5th century attacks on the church were mostly?.. → External
Who called the council of Nicaea? → Nicene Creed
How many doctors of the Church are there? → 33
What was taught in the Arian heresy? → Jesus is greater than all people, but less than God because of his humanity
Later than Apostolic Fathers but still in the early church → Church Fathers