5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the first council called and when was it called?
- What was declared at the Council of Chalcedon and who called it?
- Later than Apostolic Fathers but still in the early church
- When a temporal ruler extends his powers to ecclesiastical and theological matters
- What did most early heresies have to deal with?
- a The person of Christ
- b Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
- c Church Fathers
- d Caesaropapism
- e It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
5 Multiple choice questions
- St. Catherine of Siena, St. Teresa of Avila, and St. Therese of Lisieux
- 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
- Doctor of the Church
5 True/False questions
What was the book St. Augustine wrote about the story of his search and discovery of Christ? → Arian heresy
Who was the Arian heresy started by? → Arius, a priest from Alexandria
What was the decision of the Council of Nicaea? → God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature
What was the greatest heresy in the early church? → Alexandria and Antioch
What else did the Council of Nicaea produce? → Nicene Creed