5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- What freedoms did Christians have after the persecutions ended?
- What else did the Council of Nicaea produce?
- During the 4th and 5th century attacks on the church were mostly?..
- What was the decision of the Council of Nicaea?
- Truth officially proclaimed by the church (we have to believe it)
- a Internal
- b Dogma
- c God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature
- d Nicene Creed
- e 1. They were free to speak about their faith
2. They could travel for ecumenical councils
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- 1. St. Ambrose of Milan
2. St. Augustine of Hippo
3. Pope St. Gregory the Great
4. St. Jerome
5. St. Hilary of Poitiers
- 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
5 True/False Questions
When a temporal ruler extends his powers to ecclesiastical and theological matters → Caesaropapism
What were the two centers of learning during the early church? → Arian heresy
What does theotokos mean? → Mother of God (Greek)
What was the first council called and when was it called? → Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
What was declared at the council of Ephesus? → God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature