5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What does homoousios mean?
- What was the decision of the Council of Nicaea?
- Who were the 5 Greek church fathers?
- What was declared at the Council of Chalcedon and who called it?
- How many councils have there been overall?
- a Same substance
- b 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
- c 21
- d God the Father and Jesus had the same divine nature
- e It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
5 Multiple choice questions
- The person of Christ
- Nicene Creed
- Doctor of the Church
- Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
5 True/False questions
Truth officially proclaimed by the church (we have to believe it) → Dogma
During the 2nd and 3rd century attacks on the church were mostly?.. → Internal
What was the Council of Ephesus called in response to? → Nestorianism
What was the book St. Augustine wrote about the story of his search and discovery of Christ? → Confessions
What was the greatest heresy in the early church? → Arian heresy