5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What were the two centers of learning during the early church?
- What does homoousios mean?
- What freedoms did Christians have after the persecutions ended?
- How many councils have there been overall?
- Who are the 3 female doctors of the church?
- a St. Catherine of Siena, St. Teresa of Avila, and St. Therese of Lisieux
- b 1. They were free to speak about their faith
2. They could travel for ecumenical councils
- c Same substance
- d 21
- e Alexandria and Antioch
5 Multiple choice questions
- The person of Christ
- Arian heresy
- St. Ambrose
- It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
5 True/False questions
What was the first council called and when was it called? → It reaffirmed the exsistence of two distinct natures in Christ. Called by Pope St. Leo the Great
During the 2nd and 3rd century attacks on the church were mostly?.. → External
What does theotokos mean? → Same substance
What was declared at the council of Ephesus? → Mary was the mother of God
The obstinate denial of a dogma after Baptism → Arius, a priest from Alexandria