5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Who was the Arian heresy started by?
- What did most early heresies have to deal with?
- What was taught in the Arian heresy?
- What does theotokos mean?
- What was the Council of Ephesus called in response to?
- a The person of Christ
- b Jesus is greater than all people, but less than God because of his humanity
- c Nestorianism
- d Arius, a priest from Alexandria
- e Mother of God (Greek)
5 Multiple choice questions
- Same substance
- 1. St. Ambrose of Milan
2. St. Augustine of Hippo
3. Pope St. Gregory the Great
4. St. Jerome
5. St. Hilary of Poitiers
- Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
5 True/False questions
What was the decision of the Council of Nicaea? → Constantine
Who was St. Augustine's mother? → Monica
What was the greatest heresy in the early church? → Alexandria and Antioch
During the 2nd and 3rd century attacks on the church were mostly?.. → External
Later than Apostolic Fathers but still in the early church → Arian heresy