5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- What was the first council called and when was it called?
- Who was the Arian heresy started by?
- Who were the 5 Greek church fathers?
- What was declared at the council of Ephesus?
- Who was a lawyer, governor, catechumen, and was asked to become bishop of Milan before he was baptized?
- a St. Ambrose
- b Council of Nicaea, 325 A.D.
- c Arius, a priest from Alexandria
- d 1. St. Athanasius
2. St. Basil the Great
3. St. Gregory of Nyssa
4. St. Gregory of Nazianzus
5. St. John Chrysostom
- e Mary was the mother of God
5 Multiple choice questions
- The person of Christ
- 1. They were free to speak about their faith
2. They could travel for ecumenical councils
- Same substance
5 True/False questions
What else did the Council of Nicaea produce? → Constantine
What was the Council of Ephesus called in response to? → Nestorianism
What was the book St. Augustine wrote about the story of his search and discovery of Christ? → Arian heresy
The obstinate denial of a dogma after Baptism → Heresy
What does theotokos mean? → Same substance