6 Written questions
6 Multiple choice questions
- The Bible (Greek for book) is a collection of books, a minilibrary.
- Helps us interpret, or understand, God's word.
- Word refers to God's original law.
- Meaning for the name Jesus.
- Key to understanding what God says to us in the Bible.
- Tells people how to live wisely.
Contains psalms, poems, prayers, sermons, etc.
5 True/False questions
Law → Made up of five books of the Bible.
Usally called the Pentateuch, which means "five scrolls"
Tells stories about the begining of God's people, creation and the covenent.
Also called the Torah.
Author of the Bible → Were inspired by God to write what he wanted his people to know. They were also guided by the Holy Spirit.
Old Testament → Important because Jesus is at the center. last book was written in about 100 AD.
Prophetic Books → Show that God is the Lord of history.
Purpose is to remine the Hebrew people that God has been with them during all the events of their lives.
Writers of the Bible → Were inspired by God to write what he wanted his people to know. They were also guided by the Holy Spirit.