5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?
- The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
- What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?
- Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
- Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
5 True/False questions
Newton, Galileo → Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
Perpendicular to the surface → The magnitude (amount) of friction is proportional (increases / decreases as the other increases / decreases) to the what acting on the system?
Static (between stationary objects), kinetic (sliding objects), rolling (rolling object and stationary surface), fluid (moving object immersed in a fluid) → Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?
Objects at rest tend to remain at rest and objects in motion tend to remain in motion unless acted upon by a force → Newton's first law of motion is known as the law of inertia, what does this law state?
Normal force → Friction always occurs between systems in what?