5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- Friction always occurs between systems in what?
- In what direction is the "normal" force on a system?
- What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?
- The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
- List and explain the four types of friction.
5 True/False questions
For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction → In the formula for accelerated motion, what do the variables mean and what are the units for each variable?
Newton, Galileo → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?
The acceleration of a system is directly proportional to the force and inversely proportional to the mass, F = ma → Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
Mechanical equilibrium → Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
Materials → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?