5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
- In the formula for accelerated motion, what do the variables mean and what are the units for each variable?
- Friction always occurs between systems in what?
- Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
- Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?
5 True/False Questions
Moving past each other → There is greater friction between two stationary (still) objects than when they are what?
inertia → What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?
Normal force → The magnitude (amount) of friction is proportional (increases / decreases as the other increases / decreases) to the what acting on the system?
Opposite direction → The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
Objects at rest tend to remain at rest and objects in motion tend to remain in motion unless acted upon by a force → Newton's first law of motion is known as the law of inertia, what does this law state?