5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
- Friction always occurs between systems in what?
- Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
- Newton's first law of motion is known as the law of inertia, what does this law state?
- The magnitude (amount) of friction is proportional (increases / decreases as the other increases / decreases) to the what acting on the system?
5 True/False Questions
Opposite direction → The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
For every action there is an equal but opposite reaction → Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?
Perpendicular to the surface → The magnitude (amount) of friction is proportional (increases / decreases as the other increases / decreases) to the what acting on the system?
inertia → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?
The acceleration of a system is directly proportional to the force and inversely proportional to the mass, F = ma → Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?