5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- List and explain the four types of friction.
- Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?
- The magnitude (amount) of friction is proportional (increases / decreases as the other increases / decreases) to the what acting on the system?
- The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
- There is greater friction between two stationary (still) objects than when they are what?
5 True/False questions
Materials → Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
Mechanical equilibrium → When the net force on a system is zero there is no motion and the system is said to be in a state of what?
F = net force, m = mass, a = acceleration → Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
inertia → Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
Friction → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?