5 Written questions
5 Multiple choice questions
- The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
- Who proposed the laws of motion and whose work did he base his studies on?
- Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?
- When the net force on a system is zero there is no motion and the system is said to be in a state of what?
- List and explain the four types of friction.
5 True/False questions
Moving past each other → There is greater friction between two stationary (still) objects than when they are what?
Perpendicular to the surface → When the net force on a system is zero there is no motion and the system is said to be in a state of what?
The acceleration of a system is directly proportional to the force and inversely proportional to the mass, F = ma → Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
Materials → Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
Objects at rest tend to remain at rest and objects in motion tend to remain in motion unless acted upon by a force → Newton's third law is the law of action-reaction, what does this law state?