5 Written Questions
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- Newton's second law is the law of accelerated motion, what does this law state and what is the formula that goes along with the law?
- When the net force on a system is zero there is no motion and the system is said to be in a state of what?
- The friction vector acts in what direction with respect to the system's motion?
- Friction depends on the kind of what in contact?
- In what direction is the "normal" force on a system?
5 True/False Questions
Objects at rest tend to remain at rest and objects in motion tend to remain in motion unless acted upon by a force → Newton's first law of motion is known as the law of inertia, what does this law state?
Static (between stationary objects), kinetic (sliding objects), rolling (rolling object and stationary surface), fluid (moving object immersed in a fluid) → List and explain the four types of friction.
Moving past each other → Friction always occurs between systems in what?
Contact → What is a contact force that opposes the movement of objects past each other?
inertia → What property of matter makes it want to continue to move indefinitely unless acted upon by an outside force?