5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Poverty of Heart
- a To represent or prefigure a person before his or her life or an event before it occurs
- b a herbrew word meaning "law" referring ot the first five books of the old testament
- c The first announcement of the Good News and promose of God's redemptive love through the person of Jesus Christ
- d Having to do with the branch of theology called Christiology. Christiology is the study of the person and life of Jesus Christ, his ministry and his mission
- e The recognition of our deep need for God and the commitment to put God above everything else in life, particulary above the accumulation of material wealth
5 Multiple choice questions
- The event in which the archangel Gabriel came to Mary to announce that she had found favor with God and would become the mother of the Messiah
- A sacred chest that housed the tablets of the 10 commandments. It was placed within the sanctuary where God would come and dwell.
- The night the Lord passed over the houses of the Israelites marked by the blood of the lamb, and spared the firstborn sons from death. It is also the feast that celebrates the deliverance of the Chosen People from bondage in Egpyt and the Exodus from Egypt to the Promise Land.
- also called the Mass or Lord's SUpper and based on a word for "thanksgiving" it is the central Chrisitian liturgical celebration, established by Jesus at the Last Supper. In the Eucharist the sacificial death and Resurrection of Jesus are both remembered and renewed. The term sometimes refers specifically to the consecrated bread and wine that have become the Body and Blood of Christ.
- From the Latin, meaning "to become flesh" reffering to the biblical Revelation that Jesus is both true God and true man
5 True/False questions
Immaculate Conception → From the Latin, meaning "to become flesh" reffering to the biblical Revelation that Jesus is both true God and true man
circumcision → The act, required by Jewish law, of removing the foreskin of the penis. Since the time of Abraham, it has been a sign of God's Covenant relationship with the Jewish people.
polytheism → The belief in many gods
redemption → The act of atoning for sin or wrongdoing
Kingdom of God → The culmination or goal of God's plan of salvation, the Kingdom of God is announced by the Gospel and present in Jesus Christ. The Kingdom is the reign or rule of God over the hearts of people and as a consequence of that, the developement of a new social order based on unconditional love. The fullness of God's kingdom will not be realized until the end of time. Also called the Reign of God or the Kingdom of Heaven.