5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Ark of the Covenant
- The Exile
- a The act of atoning for sin or wrongdoing
- b a government or a state headed by a single person, like a king or a queen. as a biblical term it refers to the period of time when the Israelites exsisted as an independent nation.
- c The period of the Israelite captivity in Babylon after the destruction of Jerusalem in 587 BC.
- d From the Latin "redemptio" meaning "a buying back" to redeem something is to pay the price for its freedom. In the Old Testament it refers to Yahwehs deliverance of Israel and, in the New Testament to Christs deliverance of all Christians from the forces of sin. Christ our Redeemer paid the price to free us from the slavery of sin and bring about our redemption.
- e A sacred chest that housed the tablets of the 10 commandments. It was placed within the sanctuary where God would come and dwell.
5 Multiple choice questions
- God's breaking into the human dimension so an individual's and community's understanding of God is deepened or changed
- The night the Lord passed over the houses of the Israelites marked by the blood of the lamb, and spared the firstborn sons from death. It is also the feast that celebrates the deliverance of the Chosen People from bondage in Egpyt and the Exodus from Egypt to the Promise Land.
- To represent or prefigure a person before his or her life or an event before it occurs
- The recognition of our deep need for God and the commitment to put God above everything else in life, particulary above the accumulation of material wealth
5 True/False questions
Immaculate Conception → From the Latin, meaning "to become flesh" reffering to the biblical Revelation that Jesus is both true God and true man
Torah → a herbrew word meaning "law" referring ot the first five books of the old testament
conscience → to introduce, establish or inugurate
protoevangelium → The belief in many gods
fratricide → to introduce, establish or inugurate