5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- a The act, required by Jewish law, of removing the foreskin of the penis. Since the time of Abraham, it has been a sign of God's Covenant relationship with the Jewish people.
- b The event in which the archangel Gabriel came to Mary to announce that she had found favor with God and would become the mother of the Messiah
- c to introduce, establish or inugurate
- d The first announcement of the Good News and promose of God's redemptive love through the person of Jesus Christ
- e To represent or prefigure a person before his or her life or an event before it occurs
5 Multiple choice questions
- God's breaking into the human dimension so an individual's and community's understanding of God is deepened or changed
- The night the Lord passed over the houses of the Israelites marked by the blood of the lamb, and spared the firstborn sons from death. It is also the feast that celebrates the deliverance of the Chosen People from bondage in Egpyt and the Exodus from Egypt to the Promise Land.
- The act of atoning for sin or wrongdoing
- The recognition of our deep need for God and the commitment to put God above everything else in life, particulary above the accumulation of material wealth
- From the Latin "redemptio" meaning "a buying back" to redeem something is to pay the price for its freedom. In the Old Testament it refers to Yahwehs deliverance of Israel and, in the New Testament to Christs deliverance of all Christians from the forces of sin. Christ our Redeemer paid the price to free us from the slavery of sin and bring about our redemption.
5 True/False questions
Torah → a government or a state headed by a single person, like a king or a queen. as a biblical term it refers to the period of time when the Israelites exsisted as an independent nation.
Eucharist → also called the Mass or Lord's SUpper and based on a word for "thanksgiving" it is the central Chrisitian liturgical celebration, established by Jesus at the Last Supper. In the Eucharist the sacificial death and Resurrection of Jesus are both remembered and renewed. The term sometimes refers specifically to the consecrated bread and wine that have become the Body and Blood of Christ.
Ark of the Covenant → A sacred chest that housed the tablets of the 10 commandments. It was placed within the sanctuary where God would come and dwell.
clement → God's breaking into the human dimension so an individual's and community's understanding of God is deepened or changed
fratricide → to kill ones own sibling