5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- a to focus strictly on what the law requires without considering the truth of the law is intended to promote. Jesus taught that all law must be an expression of love for God and love for our neighbor
- b The belief in many gods
- c A greek title for Mary meaning "God bearer"
- d The first announcement of the Good News and promose of God's redemptive love through the person of Jesus Christ
- e a herbrew word meaning "law" referring ot the first five books of the old testament
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- a government or a state headed by a single person, like a king or a queen. as a biblical term it refers to the period of time when the Israelites exsisted as an independent nation.
- also called the Mass or Lord's SUpper and based on a word for "thanksgiving" it is the central Chrisitian liturgical celebration, established by Jesus at the Last Supper. In the Eucharist the sacificial death and Resurrection of Jesus are both remembered and renewed. The term sometimes refers specifically to the consecrated bread and wine that have become the Body and Blood of Christ.
- From the Latin "redemptio" meaning "a buying back" to redeem something is to pay the price for its freedom. In the Old Testament it refers to Yahwehs deliverance of Israel and, in the New Testament to Christs deliverance of all Christians from the forces of sin. Christ our Redeemer paid the price to free us from the slavery of sin and bring about our redemption.
- The night the Lord passed over the houses of the Israelites marked by the blood of the lamb, and spared the firstborn sons from death. It is also the feast that celebrates the deliverance of the Chosen People from bondage in Egpyt and the Exodus from Egypt to the Promise Land.
5 True/False Questions
Ark of the Covenant → God's breaking into the human dimension so an individual's and community's understanding of God is deepened or changed
Incarnation → The event in which the archangel Gabriel came to Mary to announce that she had found favor with God and would become the mother of the Messiah
The Exile → God's breaking into the human dimension so an individual's and community's understanding of God is deepened or changed
Poverty of Heart → The belief in many gods
Immaculate Conception → From the Latin, meaning "to become flesh" reffering to the biblical Revelation that Jesus is both true God and true man