5 Written questions
5 Matching questions
- Principle 18
- Principle 9
- Principle 24
- Principle 7
- Principle 21
- a The proper role of government is to protect equal rights, not provide equal things.
- b A free people will not survive unless they stay strong
- c The unalienable rights of the people are most likely to be preserved if the principles of government are set forth in a written constitution.
- d Strong local self-government is the keystone to preserving human freedom.
- e To protect man's rights, God has revealed certain principles of divine law.
5 Multiple choice questions
- Efficiency and dispatch require government to operate according to the will of the majority, but constitutional provisions must be made to protect the rights of the minority
- Only limited and carefully defined powers should be delegated to government, all others being retained in the people.
- A free people cannot survive under a republican constitution unless they remain virtuous and morally strong
- The majority of the people may alter or abolish a government which has become tyrannical.
- A system of checks and balances should be adopted to prevent the abuse of power.
5 True/False questions
Principle 26 → The core unit which determines the strength of any society is the family; therefore, the government should foster and protect its integrity
Principle 8 → Men are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights.
Principle 27 → "Peace, commerce, and honest friendship with all nations: entangling alliances with none."
Principle 16 → The God-given right to govern is vested in the sovereign authority of the whole people.
Principle 3 → The most promising method of securing a virtuous and morally stable people is to elect virtuous leaders