5 Written Questions
5 Matching Questions
- Charles Russell
- Dakota Farmers' Alliance
- a Americans wanted the US to stay out of the European conflict
- b organization of farmers and others who wanted to correct the political and economic problems of those who lived in Dakota Territory
- c reformers who believed people should have more voice in government
- d ...
- e voters can remove a public official before the term of office was completed
5 Multiple Choice Questions
- settlers could get 160 acres of land if they lived on it for 5 years and cultivated some of it
- established missions in Pembina in 1848 and converted American Indians to Christianity
- gave people the right to create and pass a law by popular vote
- created the nonpartisan league
- check that cannot be cashed until the date of the check;
allowed farmers without membership money for the NPL to pay later
5 True/False Questions
sod houses → were built on the prairie where wood was not available
Timber Culture Act of 1873 → settlers could get 160 acres of land if they lived on it for 5 years and cultivated some of it
William Beadle → ...
Organic Act of Dakota → ...
John Miller → a politician loyal to Alexander McKenzie, was North Dakota's first governor